stripped bolts [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : stripped bolts

TheShizzy
07-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Well, as I was removing my top end to put in my new pnp 3400 parts, i noticed a couple stripped bolts, particularly on the valve cover, and on the fpr. These are two very important bolts i need removed to continue my swap. I need some suggestions on whats the best solution to remove these fockers! I already tried drilling a hole in the middle of them for an hour yesterday, no luck tho. NEED HELP ASAP!

2Dambad
07-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Well, as I was removing my top end to put in my new pnp 3400 parts, i noticed a couple stripped bolts, particularly on the valve cover, and on the fpr. These are two very important bolts i need removed to continue my swap. I need some suggestions on whats the best solution to remove these fockers! I already tried drilling a hole in the middle of them for an hour yesterday, no luck tho. NEED HELP ASAP!
Go get a bolt removal set from sears. Use it and return it.

rizer
07-15-2004, 10:30 AM
They make bolt sets that are meant for striped bolts. It goes right on your wrench and has sharp curved blade things that when turned on teh bolt, grabs on and just keeps getting a tighter grip the more you turn

TheShizzy
07-16-2004, 07:58 AM
They make bolt sets that are meant for striped bolts. It goes right on your wrench and has sharp curved blade things that when turned on teh bolt, grabs on and just keeps getting a tighter grip the more you turn

I think that is the set I got yesterday at advanced auto, but they dint come with a small enough for the valve cover bolt. smallest was 10mm. and the bolt holding the fpr isnt a socket bolt, its the kind i need a 5 star type of screwdriver. AHHH fock, this is ****ing me off, i think im just gonna stick to drilling the d@mn thing out.

kill_them_all
07-16-2004, 10:55 AM
yea, a torx screw, if possible put a groove in it and take it out with a flat head screw driver.

Molson
07-16-2004, 10:56 AM
vice grips.