Can't find the problem... Need Help. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the problem... Need Help.

CruzinGT33
07-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Ok, I've tried and tried again to research this without any luck.

I'll start by the order of things I did.
I took out my CAI and DHP. I replaced these with my Stock Ramair and Stock PCM. This is where my troubles began.

At this point I had a rough idle. I started to drive the car and it would "bog down" when I would start to accelerate. Meaning I would apply steady gas and the car's rpm range would go up but the car wouldn't go, then it would catch and accelerate. This happened at every shift point.

So, I decided to take the stock setup back out and replace it with the dhp and CAI. Still doing the same thing even after multiple relearns. I notice when i'm going from 20mph-30mph my rpms go up but no acceleration, plus I hear my CAI trying to suck in More air and bogging down. At times I can't go past 40mph. I took it up to the dealership and they told me that it was throwing a code p0300, multiple misfires in all cylinders. I've checked wires and front plugs. I cleaned the TB and checked all connectors. I did find that the back hose coming from the back heads was popped out. *this is the one that plugs into the CAI* I popped it back in, but its still having the same problems. I'm running 93 octane and I have fuel injector cleaner in right now.

I need Help seriously!! I'm stuck without a ride.

CruzinGT33
07-16-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll see if I can take a vid of the problems.

Craig99SE2
07-16-2004, 07:53 PM
You guys do this again and again and again! A modern day PCM takes up to 200 miles to properly "tune" itself to the engine and driving conditions. Swapping stuff in and out within a period of a few days WILL mess things up! If you want to take stuff out, take it out BUT KEEP IT OUT!

CruzinGT33
07-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Craig, not helping... When I can't even go down the street, I'm sure the PCM isn't still learning. I was told that it should learn its shift points within the fist few seconds of being on. It tweaks these settings over time to be at an optimum level.

JTSE1
07-16-2004, 08:50 PM
I am having a problem! : my car seems to slip when it comes to a full stop, when I pin the gas the cars wheels don't break loose and squeal , the way it use to. I tried sitting at idle and the car tends to run rough in NO 2 - 3 cylinders it almost stalled once and I have no alternator or battery problems. I am debating wether it is a tranny prob (mechanical) or some type of mis fire in the ignition system. If anyone knows what could be wrong I really could use the help cause it is worrying me a bit.

CruzinGT33
07-17-2004, 03:08 AM
hmmm... After using the nifty SEARCH BUTTON, I do believe my Catalytic Converter is bad. I seem to recall it rattling really bad up till this week. Now it is silent. I will get it changed later on today and update.