Removing Rear Speaker Covers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Removing Rear Speaker Covers

Kodeblue
07-16-2004, 02:40 PM
I did a search and came up with nothign that would help me. I read that some speaker covers have clips and others have the plastic weld on them. My case, I have the plastic weld. Has anybody removed the covers in this case and if so, how did you do it?

mwolverines
07-17-2004, 07:42 AM
you can take off the whole top part of you back seat, covers and all. then u can cut through plastic weld.

mr_eh
07-17-2004, 08:02 AM
put the back seats downk take out the 4 plastic bolts along the lining, pull that liner out it spans across the top, then the rear deck will slide out with a little force... not hard to take out at all

bsorensen
07-17-2004, 09:38 AM
mine too..... yeah i can't think of anyway to remove them.. i want to paint them

AleroME
07-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Mine were plastic weld too. You need to grind the weld off, but leave a little tab still so you can screw em carefully back in or re-glue it from underneath.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/alerome2000

Heres my old photo album when i was re-doing my interior. One is the complete finished interior and the other is when i stripped it apart. I got step by step pics but no instructions with it. Its pretty self explanatory.

Please feel free to IM me or PM or reply if you have questions.

Kodeblue
07-17-2004, 11:22 PM
I ended up just taping the carpet on the decklid and painting it that way. Mr-eh, I do have the lid out, it was just how to take the covers off from that point.