Headlight adjustment [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight adjustment

crazypontiac03
07-17-2004, 11:59 PM
I replaced my headlight bulbs with silver stars and now i can't get them reline right. Of taken them out and made sure all the little adjuster's were in there proper area,then i re-adjusted them and they are still off! I keep getting pep's flashing there brightest at me so they must be aimed high. I've done the garage door to aline them and they are all still off. What can i do to get them right? I dont have time to go to the dealer and have them adjust them right now either. SO im open to all suggestions!

SC/TGrandAm
07-18-2004, 03:22 AM
There are two little bronze or goldish things sticking up off of each headlight, the head is sunken in on them and looks like a stopsign. Theres a proper hex size that they are, i cant remember what size off hand. If you get a hex bit you can turn the things and raise or lower the headlight.

tenspeed
07-18-2004, 06:16 AM
Just changing bulbs will not knock your lights out of alignment. Leave the star shaped adjusters alone and make sure the bottom leg is in where it's supposed to be. If it's not seated properly, the headlight will point up.

SC/TGrandAm
07-18-2004, 06:42 AM
well one way to tell is if you dont have the bottom black aligner in correctly the headlight will feel loose and shakey when installed on the car....

crazypontiac03
07-18-2004, 11:16 AM
I know where the bronze looking thing was, i took the light out and made sure they were seated right and i do believe they are cause if u pull on the bottom if is not sitting. you can usally pull the bottom out. but i moved the bronze things cause i didnt know the bottom was out but not that, thats fixed the bronze things are all out of wack.