Lost my AC [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lost my AC

stratman
07-23-2004, 03:35 PM
I am installing a power amp to push my subs, after taking the shroud off the radio and AC controls the 2 buttons on the bottom of the AC controller no longer work. Neither the AC or rear window defrost work and for the life of me I cant figure it out. I have checked the wiring harness where I put the power wire through the firewall and all is fine there, all fuses are intact but still nothing. No power is getting to the relays either, I cant figure it out. Any one have this problem?

zerogman
07-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Well, how did you connect the amp? Did you directly wire the power to some power line, or did you connect it to the positive terminal on the fuse box, or on the battery? Also, did you ground it somewhere that doesn't already have a ground? Also, if you have the amp in the back somewhere, try running the wires away from other wires since they might just be causing interference. Worst possible case is that your alternator isn't powerful enough to push it and everything else, if you have the SE with a I4 and without the Premium Monsoon system, then you won't have a very strong alternator.

Basically, try rerouting the sub's positive terminal away from everything else as much as possible, and connect it to the positive on the battery or fuse-box so you don't interfere with other connections... And also try grounding it on the frame away from other things...

Anywho, I hope some of this helps! Also, did you check both fuse boxes? There is fuse box in the engine bay with a positive terminal, and another fuse panel behind the drivers door.

- Zero

stratman
08-05-2004, 12:23 PM
OK I know this is going to sound weird but I went back and ran the gaunlet on the power source from the batt all the way to the AC controller. First off the blower was fine it worked as did the air selector (floor-defrost, etc). The temp selector (hot to cold) didn't work and the same could be said for the AC button and rear defrost. After a couple of hours of crawling around my car and testing everything from fuses to relays (they got a little hot on me) I was finally able to corner the problem. I had power going to the blower and back out to the blower switch and I had power going to the AC controller but I wasnt getting any power out of the AC controller to the AC switch and the rear defroster either. Well I like most people didn't just have $130-$140 lying around for a new AC controller so what I did (now it work for me not that I am telling everyone to go out and do this) was I ran a jumper wire from the blower power source (power out) to the AC controller power source (power out) and all is well, I once again have AC. Now why did I run it from the blower power out source instead of the AC power in source? Well the AC power in source is a constant hot wire and the Blower power out source works with the ignition in ACC or when the blower is running. Well I thought I would let you all know just how I fixed it and I will be sure to post any other problems and fix-its I may encounter in the future.

zerogman
08-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Heh, and in short, that is why you don't f**k with factory bundles of wire unless you have a large service manual in front of you giving you the color code and function of all of the wires...

- Zero