a/c filter? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : a/c filter?

flyingvee
07-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Do the GA's come with a/c filters that are supposed to get replaced every so many miles, and if so, where the heck did they hide them? I've looked by the obvious spots but don't see any access to one.

nomojo
07-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Do the GA's come with a/c filters that are supposed to get replaced every so many miles, and if so, where the heck did they hide them? I've looked by the obvious spots but don't see any access to one.

a/c filter?! do you mean air filter?

The air filter (as in the filter that filters the incoming air into the engine) on the 3400 series is located right behind the battery in the black box. You need to loosen the screw on the clamp that holds the airbox to the MAF, and then remove the two screws on the airbox. Tilt, pull (while holding the MAF), and the lid should come off.

If there is such a thing as an "a/c" filter, than im the one being dumb here, so forgive me, but if you meant airbox, you may want to have someone else replace the filter ;)

cheers

Jagey
07-25-2004, 09:13 AM
i really don't think we have an A/C filter. The more sophisticated cars come with HEPA filters for their climate systems, but we don't have such a luxury.

nomojo
07-25-2004, 11:37 AM
i really don't think we have an A/C filter. The more sophisticated cars come with HEPA filters for their climate systems, but we don't have such a luxury.

good lord. Thats exactly what we need, a super expensive hepa filter added to our maintenance schedule :)

Yeah. AFAIK, We dont have one (thank goodness).

flyingvee
07-25-2004, 01:26 PM
No I did not mean air filter but a filter for the air conditioner. I remember seeing it somewhere, not sure where, but I think it was one of those dealer ads for the 40,000 service, and one of the items listed was "replace a/c filter", unless it was a typo for 'air' filter, but i don't think so. Anyway, I'm glad there isn't one. Thanks.

Calgary_GAGT
07-25-2004, 02:34 PM
Well, I must contest..... I have never heard of an A/C filter.

My bad, or bad typo?

Dr_Kyle
07-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Cabin air filters are standard in some vehicles. Luckily, ours isn't one of them.

preed4962
07-26-2004, 09:29 AM
There is a filter/drier/accumulator located within the A/C system itself, but it should last for the life of the vehicle. The only time they should be replaced is if the you take an extensive portion of the A/C system apart (compressor, evaporator, condensor, lines, etc). The 'drier' should not be exposed to atmosphere for very long as it will absorb moisture out of the air and ruin the part.