Replacement rear speakers for Monsoon [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Replacement rear speakers for Monsoon

flyingvee
07-25-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm sure this probably has been discussed before but I could not find a definitive answer looking at the old posts. This is for my wifes 2001 GA GT, so it has the Monsoon system in it. For soem reaosn, both rear speakers appear blown, getting that ratty sound of a detchaed or ripped cone. Anyway, from having asked around at local retailers, they seem to say that goign to a replacement speaker will make it sound worse than stock unless I repalce all the components, which I am not about to dish out money for that. ANyone have any idea how much Pontiac charges for the stock rear speakers? She does not care of getting better sound than stock, but she does not want to go to worse than stock. So the question is, is there another brand that fits and also accepts the dual inputs that the stock speakers have?
Thanks

GAGT7386
07-26-2004, 07:31 AM
When I went to the dealer, there are two different "Monsoon" speakers available. One for bass and one for voice, the one for bass I believe was around $50 and the one for voice was like $60. You can choose which one you want. I chose to get a set of 6.5" components insted for around $175 since they sound much better anyways.