Oil Light. (not the normal question...) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Oil Light. (not the normal question...)

Rogue9
07-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Hey my oil light has started to intermittently blink......
like when I turn on the car it'll blink for a while and disappear.;....
checked the oil and it's all good..... I don't change the oil by the light but I do do it at regular 4-5000 kms.....
and reset the light whenever it comes on.

thanks..

zerogman
07-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Do you reset the light by the gas pedal, or by pushing the red button inside the fuse panel behind the driver's side door? Anywho, my oil light comes on because I have low oil pressure, but that's because of some engine modifications that I did...

Hope that helps some... If not, send a PM...

- Zero

Rogue9
07-29-2004, 02:15 AM
hmmm oil pressure?
won't the low oil pressure light take care of that?

and yea I used the little red button. always worked before...

I'm just hoping this isn't some weird thing like the SES when it flashes pull over and shut it down kinda thing....

Thanks though.
Jason.

zerogman
08-01-2004, 01:17 AM
Well, the other way to reset the oil is to turn the car to the ON position with the engine OFF and then push the gas pedal to the floor and fully release it 3 times, holding it for one second each time on the floor. If done correctly, it should make a beep or something... if not, then try it again, and if it still doesn't work, then maybe it was disabled and you have to rely on the little button...

Anywho, I am not sure if there is even a low oil pressure light or not... I might look at my lights when the car starts to see if there is one... anywho, I am very tired now, so I am going to bed!

Hope I was of help!

- Zero