Help! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Sandman_213
07-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Hey guys/gals,
I was driving my car to work today and I have a cold air intake system on it. I was just about to pull into the parking lot and the car died. I put it in park, started it, and it took off fine. Then I drove it into the lot and parked, I got out and popped the hood. Everything looked fine except the cold air intake had slipped off the inlet on the intake manifold slighty. It wasn't all the way off, just part of the way. So, I fixed it and retightened the coupler between the cold air intake and the intake manifold. But now it will turn over but not completely take off and my low oil pressure light and battery light are on....any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I don't get it.

HELP!

Thanks,
Sandman

Dan00GPGT
07-26-2004, 10:02 AM
The car turns over but doesn't start? Or does it start and just run really poorly? Your oil and battery lights come on when the car is first started/left in ACC/ON. The others usually go out on most cars. I doubt the two are related.

tenspeed
07-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Try removing the CAI and see if it will start. You may have a clogged filter.

Sandman_213
08-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey guys,
I got it, I think it was because the cold air intake had slipped off slighty, but not all the way. So I think it was goofing up the MAF into thinking that the intake manifold wasn't getting enough air. So I undid the battery cables for a few (which I am told now doesn't reset the computer on the OBD-II setups??????), then I kept starting it, and it worked itself out. now it runs like a champ. thanks for the help/input, it is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn (Sandman_213)