Can't fix CYL 4 mis...please help:( [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Can't fix CYL 4 mis...please help:(

Green99GT
07-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Okay replaced the lower intake and all went well just took for ever. Start the car and it has a bad mis. Got a friends kick ass scanner and it read mis on cyl 4. so we pulled the plug and it was loaded with gas. Changed plug still missed. We went on to change wires, coil, injector, plugs. It does have fire on the cyl. and though the plug as well. The inj. also has power when the key it turned on.Still have a miss on that same cyl. pulled valve cover and rockers were still tight and torgued* right.

Any ideas I might even send ya 5 bucks or so if you guess right.

Thanks A ton im freaking out :)

mr_eh
07-26-2004, 10:07 AM
when my #2 cyl had a misfire (4cyl also) it sprayed like the others but was out of sync or something which was causing a misfire, change the injector or switch em around and see what happens......

Green99GT
07-26-2004, 10:26 AM
yea i switched the injector with another...no result

jer_stud56
07-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I think I also have a miss but I'm not to sure. You can feel a little bit of a jerk back and forth at idle - and at 40-55 when about half throttle. What could I do to find out what's wrong besides take it into the shop?

Green99GT
07-26-2004, 11:39 AM
15 hrs later its fixed....i can tear the top end down in about 5 min flat lol......

problem: push rod not in place....some how i missed where it was supose to go.

i feel better

:)