07-26-2004, 05:51 PM
ok this is the problem
when key is turned to on the pump does not come on
but when i crank the engine it will go on
fuses are good and so is the relay
any ideas thanks

AleroME
07-26-2004, 07:28 PM
trying adding a gallon of gas. I know when I was low on fuel but not completely empty.. my fuel pump shut itself off to prevent it from burning up when ya run outta fuel.

gizmo_guy_1999
07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
nope happens all the way threw the tank been like this for a couple months but with winter coming i dont want to waste crankin power

JS_racer
07-27-2004, 07:05 AM
does the pump run before the oil pressure builds ? i havnt looked at a diagram but some vehicles tie the fuel pump into the oil pressure sender. might be worth a shot to look there.
you have a 94se ?? what motor ?
Have you looked at the fuel pump relay ? wiring at the relay ? Could be as simple as a broken orange wire at the fuel pump relay.

gobraves02002
07-27-2004, 09:40 AM
also have u thought about the fuel filter, if to clogged up the pressure can not buil up with just acc on, but when u turn car over its forced through and can turn over, watch out for car stalling in mid drive

gizmo_guy_1999
07-27-2004, 06:55 PM
4 cylinder 2.3 i believe
i flipped the relay out still did it
yea its almost like it has to build oil pressure to get it going
i was wondering if i needed a new oil pressure sending unit i
tried the fuel filter but couldnt break the nut sprayed some pentrating oil on it ill give it a try again soon
just looking for ideas
thanks

gizmo_guy_1999
07-27-2004, 07:15 PM
well quote from my haynes manual
if fuel pump relay fails the pump will still work if ecm recieves pulses from the distributor or about 4# oil pressure build up
so i guess i get to use the wiring diagram see where its failing
any ides or help would be great
the ground if i remeber was weak before but i cant rember if the ecm controls the fround or if i can splice the ground and tap into the firewall