-=Help Me=- [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : -=Help Me=-

Lash
07-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Alright heres the deal....

My wife has a 3400 Alero. One day when she went and started it up it started to hesitate and jerk on idle and throttle. She brought it home and I looked at it. The SES light was flashing so I checked for a missfire. A mechanic friend suggested that maybe the plug wires were jumping spark somewhere (80k miles on factory wires) so I replaced them and it went away. Now..1 week later it's back. Same deal except this time it stoped and is now running smooth again...but the SES light is still on (not flashing). I'm sure it will start doing it again though.

Anybody ever have a similar problem... or know what is wrong?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lash
07-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Think I may have found it..... stuck injector. I'll try some cleaner and hope I don't have to buy a new one.

CruzinGT33
07-26-2004, 07:22 PM
I know this sounds off, but check the Catalytic Converter too. My car was fine one day and then sh*t the next and it ended up being a clogged CAT. Fixed it and it runs better than before.

AaronGAGT
07-27-2004, 09:04 AM
misfire is usually 3 things: wires, plugs and injectors. I usually go about fixing them in that order too... easiest to difficult.

when i had my misfire - under normal driving there would be no SES light. However, at around 40 mph (when I actually felt the misfire) the SES light would come on and all hell would break loose. Which would explain why the light would go out, then come back on again making you believe that the wires fixed the problem. :)