Different problem... Long [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Different problem... Long

j_yewchin
07-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Greetings everyone, I've got a bit of a different question than people normally do, although it may seem the same as other ones. by the way i type LOTS. Anywho, not too long ago I joined the club and bought a used 2001 GAGT.. I love it, but its lacking power. I used to drive these things for a living.. i bagged on quite a few 2004s. For having the same power rating, somethings missing here... VERY little power until i reach 3000 rpms. Intake and exhaust have been done... i realize this takes away a little lower end. but i CANT spin my tires unless i do a brake stand. a chevy venture does a better job laying a patch than my car can... I did that MAF screen removal trick too. It didn't really do much to be honest. My throttle response is pretty bad.. again compared with a chevy venture which was way better. i realize the gm vans have 10 more horse, but its not making THAT much of a difference. I have 70000kms. im sure the plugs are origional, but from what i've read they should be good to at least 100000. i have my doubts that the cat is clogged already. i've done various fuel system cleaners. and intake cleaner, including iac valve. i tried combustion chamber cleaner too.... slight improvement. me and my brother timed my car for 0-60.. as im sure most of you know the stock 0-60 time of these cars is 7.7 seconds. but lets just say 8.. mine took TEN... we did 2 run... its pathetic. like i said before anything above 3000rpms is fine, its got LOTS of pull then so the top end is good, but i should be making more power in the lower end. i guess i should mention that the only time the check engine light has come on is if i've left something disconnected. i've heard about pcm reprograms from the dealer but i dont think it should be necessary. by the way this is a great message board so i thought i'd ask you guys if you had any ideas or suggestions.. many of you on here are brilliant. so any tips would be greatly appreciated. have a good one, all. :wave:
JiM

Craig99SE2
07-26-2004, 06:33 PM
WOW ... OK ... where to begin ...

1. Welcome
2. Intake / Exhaust DID NOT rob you of anything (i.e. low end)
3. NEVER ALTER THE MAF!!!
4. What exactly has been done. Specifics are nice ... like brands and such.

Regarding most of the things I mentioned above, SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH!

j_yewchin
07-26-2004, 06:37 PM
yikes that was quick! hahah dont' worry i did spend lots of time searching. yeah the maf screen removal thing wasn't the best thing to do. you said you wanted brand names... i got a high flow AMSoil air filter and dropped it in my factory air box. as for exhaust there IS a resonator in there but its not the factory one. no clue on the brand on that one. i have one hooker performance muffler. thats all the info i have for ya. thanks for the fast reply!

Craig99SE2
07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
So far I have gathered you have an Amsoil drop-in and a custom exhaust. Neither of which will hurt performance but give you more like 5-10 horsies.

Sounds like you got other probs ... was it a rental car that got thrashed ... get a CarFax to be sure. Other than that, hook up to a OBD-2 scanner and take a look at what is going on.

j_yewchin
07-26-2004, 08:10 PM
hey. i do have a obd2 scanner at work but they'll only let me use it if its throwing a code, otherwise they'll think im just dinking around. one more note, doesn't seem to matter if computer is in closed or open loop. it'll do it all the time. the oil was overfilled when i got it by like a litre. i drained it out. i don't have any blowby currently. i guess i should mention i have a new pcv valve and fuel filter. as for the rental car thing you mentioned, as far as im concerned a person owned it. but you never know how good/bad it was driven/maintained. i'd consider doing a compression test, but with under 100000km's i think of it as unnecessary. i am switching to mobil 1 soon. but i dont think that will noticeably improve throttle response or power at all. i don't really feel like spending the time and effort on replacing the spark plugs and wires unless im sure thats whats causing the problem ... or at least i can narrow it down. i'm open to any more suggestions. thanks lots for the help so far!

Love my GT
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I am not an expert when it comes to problems like this, but why don't you just pull the front 3 spark plugs and see what kind of shape they are in. Just my thoughts.

Craig99SE2
07-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Bottom line is something is wrong with the car! You either hook it up to a scanner or else roll the dice and cross your fingers that you don't crap out!

If it is that slow ... something is seriously wrong! COuld be trans too. The Grand AM transmission is JUNK!

j_yewchin
07-28-2004, 12:01 AM
so yeah... whoever suggested the plugs was right. i took out the front 3 today, while i was at it i sprayed carb cleaner in the cylinders. they were all at a .065 gap. again, my kilometerage (not mileage, its a new word, heheh ) is 70000kms. i have my doubts the plugs would last all the way to "166000kms" like the manual says. i cleaned them off... they did NOT look good... all brown and crusty, i know what they are supposed to look like and they weren't close. what a difference afterwards though, JUST from the front 3 its WAY better...i bought some bosch platinums and plan on replacing them soon.. oh joy. my friend told me to get the bosch 4+'s, but since i heard so many bad things about them i chose not to. they are pretty close to being properly gapped from the factory.. they are either at .060 or .062.. is the .062 a big deal.. should i adjust it? im going to shoot for .059 if possible.. just cuz. thanks to the two people who replied, later all.

blackGT420
07-28-2004, 01:21 PM
if you want to spin your tires turn of traction control

j_yewchin
07-28-2004, 09:02 PM
hahah yes i know how to turn off traction control. once it DETECTS wheel spin is when it counters it. and now that i regapped the front 3 plugs (previous post). i can spin em no problem with traction on. thanks for the thought though. i usually leave ets on, cuz i hate the bright orange light that stares back at me if i turn it off. :thumbsdow

blackGT420
07-28-2004, 09:56 PM
the light does get pretty annoying, I hate the window wash one!! I always think something is wrong at first cuz of the beep :thumbsdow

j_yewchin
07-30-2004, 03:23 PM
yes the beep can freak you out.. the cadillacs i used to drive had a back up sensor on them (im sure you guys know what im talking about) and it would always DING if you got too close to something. anytime i'm backing a car out at work the low fuel warning chime always comes on and i nail the brakes everytime, lol. bit of an update though. i did install those bosch platinum plugs.. the back 3 plugs arent as terrible as everyone makes them out to be. #1 took the longest (the one closest to the alternator). cars WAY smoother, and YES i have no problem spinning away now. funny though, there seems to be a stuttering at 1200rpms while driving... if im going slow enough i can notice it. seems like a very small misfire or something... i wouldnt doubt it based on what i've heard about these plugs. everybody elses care idles at 600 right? my idle seems to be SLIGHTLY rougher.. i can see the engine move a little both ways while idling, but i dont think its a problem. if i start running into problems with these plugs i'll post to inform you guys. peace out

j_yewchin
08-08-2004, 12:21 AM
OUCH! just when i thought the bosch's were doinga good job... BOOM the check engine light comes on. took about 200 kms. code that came out was random cylinder misfire. took out the plugs and they were already blackish... pretty sick for being in a week or two. i disagreed with everyone when they said stay away from bosch in gm engines, i thought it was just the +4's t hat were troublesome, but i had the regular platinums and they made my car stutter and misfire. i bought ac delco rapidfires and put them in.. VERY big difference. quite efficient spark plugs. the gm dealer wanted 15 $ canadian for each platinum ac delco plug. and the list price on the rapidfires werer 10 $.. i told him i worked across the street at another dealership and he chopped it down to 7.40 a peice. total cost was under 50 dollars for a plug thats better than the stockers. highly recommended. just thought i'd post this on here to help anyone decide what plugs to get.

tranceokido
08-08-2004, 10:03 AM
50$ for spark plugs! OMFG are you crazy! :vomit: :thumbsdow :violin :banghead :wow: That is way to much for some spark plugs. They better be superman spark plugs with a lifetime warranty or something. ****..I go to wall-world and buy some autolite plat tipped plugs and all my cars have fun great on them. I have not replaced them on the GA yet though.

j_yewchin
08-08-2004, 12:01 PM
hahahah no im not crazy, the 20 dollar bosch ones were just crap. now im just sticking with ac delco. hey, least i didn't get the 15 dollar ones :rolleyes: thats 90 bucks... plus tax! lol. yeah they are pretty good spark plugs. nothing special but it runs like a top compared to that german designed crap. talk to you later.

tranceokido
08-08-2004, 05:02 PM
autolite isn't german...I am sure you could of been just fine with those. But no biggie..now you know.

j_yewchin
10-15-2004, 10:34 PM
ANYWAYS... havn't really got this fixed. small update though. i swapped in a maf with a screen on it and reset the computer nicely since then. SMALL improvement in fuel economy. still no low end power whatsoever though. just got the computer scanned, no codes except failure to comunicate with bcm (only once that showed up, i have NO idea why). still desperate for some advice, tried almost everything i can think of. thanks people have a good one

atc3434
10-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Did these plugs end up crappy like your first replaced set. My Bosch Platinums have served 20k so far and are going strong, so I don't beleive the line on the Bosch plugs being a poor choice for this car. My guess, is that its a plugged cat or O2 sensor. My $$ are on an O2 sensor. The MAF screen is good to have back on. Just for the record, my GA isn't a tire roasting machine, but it scoots along pretty good. Sure, if you turn of trac control and mash it from a stop it'll spin em a little, but don't expect to light em up and burn em down the street. GM's pcm programing still limits wheelspin, even with traction control off. Something to keep in mind.

Another thing to keep in mind, is the with the CAI, you might notice a little bit slow throttle response right on the very bottom of the powerband. The increased airflow doesn't build a lot of velocity for the air going into the engine as fast as the smaller diameter stock piping, so the very lowend does seem less responsive.

j_yewchin
10-15-2004, 11:15 PM
nice, quick reply! my throttle response has gotten better lately, but i usually never hear a sucking sound if i rev it and put my ear by the intake. it should slurp a little bit. i really dont think its bringing in enough air. im agreeing with you on the cat or the o2 sensor( s). because when i had those boschs in it was misfiring for about 200+ kms, so that MIGHT have been enough time to roast the cat. i have my doubts though.. either way its warranty, as long as i can prove somethings wrong.. for any edmontonians im working at/getting my warranty work done at petersen pontiac in sherwood park. they are pretty cool. i was thinking about taking an O2 sensor out and seeing how covered it is. was also thinking about cleaning it off with brake cleaner or something, as it might be slow, or "lazy". and to answer your question about the plugs i have in... the rapidfires look fine, i had the front 3 out to double check the gap not too long ago, still decent. i think its possible that they might have given me the wrong heat range of plug... i'm not sure how many ranges rapidfires have, but that would explain why i lose a lot of power as my car warms up a little. getting this bad of fuel economy is frustrating, thanks for helping out, atc3434!

atc3434
10-16-2004, 08:33 AM
I would really put money on the O2 sensor if your fuel ecconomy is in the crapper. Plus, you said you really notice the power loss once the car warms up. I'm betting that once it goes closed loop and is really leaning on O2 readings for its fuel and spark trim, thats when you notice the power go away. A scan tool really could help you figure it out, I'm not sure that you can take the sensor out and clean it, but it probably wouldn't hurt anything. I doubt that you have the wrong heat range, or that if you did it would cause you power loss. Heat ranges are for keeping the plug hot enough to burn off anything that would cause it to foul but not so hot as it causes detonation. You're not getting a lot of pre-ignition are you? And one other thought, I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but the air filter is clean, right?

j_yewchin
10-16-2004, 11:25 AM
yeah now im really thinking its the O2's fault. good call on that. i asked around at work they all said they usually dont screw up, but maybe mines an exception. no pre-ignition, only noticeable problem i had was when i had those bosch plugs. it runs smoothly (while driving at least), just not all that powerfull. air filter? i dont think this car has ever got an air filter... whats it do? JOKING :D, i've got a foam one, its pretty clean, i pick out a fluff ball or bug whenever i have the airbox open if i have an open throttle body (like when im doing a intake cleaning) the throttle response is AWESOME, i know no air is getting filtered, but it should still have close to that throttle response with everything hooked up. like i said its not even bringing in enough air. i'm probably running rich without knowing it. 50/50 city/freeway driving gets me only about 350 kms. i figured it all out and i think its around 26mpg. which IS decent, but should be way higher. i drive the new ga's all the time (funny they ONLY come in 2 door gts this year, and then they are dead), but not only are they more powerful, they are getting a lot better fuel economy than i am. the window sticker (give or take a few mpg) says 42 on the highway and i think 30 in the city. last highway trip i only got 32.. not flying along or anything, and you can't really stomp your car all that much on the highway... i dunno anymore. i was going to rip out the O2 but i think i need a special socket for it. and even if i dont, none of my wrenches would fit on it, lol. it's possible that its coated/corroded or something from the misfires i had, or maybe from the use of fuel additives...maybe a few too many? im pretty sure the fuel injectors are fine because i've used a variation of those fuel system cleaners, including the BG 44k stuff. its quite potent. wonder if my new work would let me use a scan tool for 10 minutes so i can see if the 02 is switching back between lean and rich constantly. do i win the award for longests and most frequent posts yet? lol

MetaGTP1
10-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Just for the record, my GA isn't a tire roasting machine, but it scoots along pretty good. Sure, if you turn of trac control and mash it from a stop it'll spin em a little, but don't expect to light em up and burn em down the street. GM's pcm programing still limits wheelspin, even with traction control off. Something to keep in mind.

I bet I could show you some 'Tire-Roasting'. :)

j_yewchin
10-16-2004, 12:09 PM
heheheh i bet you could, but what we want is for MINE to have no problem spinning the tires again. so is your transmission holding up decently?

atc3434
10-16-2004, 12:54 PM
I bet I could show you some 'Tire-Roasting'. :)

Actually, where the heck in NY are you? I'd love to see a supercharged GA in action some time! A NY meet with a bunch of GA's at a track would be a lot of fun.

MetaGTP1
10-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Actually, where the heck in NY are you? I'd love to see a supercharged GA in action some time! A NY meet with a bunch of GA's at a track would be a lot of fun.Suffolk County(Long Island). Hopefully, a NY meet could come together in the near future. :)

MetaGTP1
10-16-2004, 03:18 PM
heheheh i bet you could, but what we want is for MINE to have no problem spinning the tires again. so is your transmission holding up decently?The tranny is doing well. I just don't roast it too often.

Dr. Anthony
10-19-2004, 10:53 AM
YAAAH! Edmonton! :)

I had the missfire light come up.. and heres what I did.

at first, I thought it was a faulty coil pack, (mine had a little bit of power steering fluid on it) so I assumed it went through. I bought a new one at CT, and when i pulled it off, I realized it was a sealed unit so I put it back on. I threw in autolite plugs, and new wires. on the coil packs, I noticed 2-3 of them were dirty, so I took an SOS pad, and cleaned it off.

Since then.. I've tried to replicate the SAME senarios where I'd get the check engine light flashing, and have not yet been able to get it to show.

what do you get for milage? I'm at 310km at have 1/4 tank left.. Not much better than my 5.0 mustang :)

adammsu
10-19-2004, 12:13 PM
i hear that bosch plugs suck - but acdelco is just fine

*** what about wiring kits, are they more or less the same, or is it better to match brands

atc3434
10-19-2004, 01:04 PM
20k on my Bousch platinums, no trouble yet!

j_yewchin
10-19-2004, 05:52 PM
i'm getting the exact same mileage as you. about 320km and i'm at a 1/4 tank left. i almost bought a 5L myself actually. how are you liking the roads in edmonton? people drive like MORONS on the yellowhead. er... everywhere really. i cleaned my maf sensor today with throttle body cleaner, quite a nice difference in my low end and throttle response. you might want to try the same! that and the dense air, it being -3 already. whatd they charge you for the coil pack out of curiosity? have a good one dr anthony

Dr. Anthony
10-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Dammit. I wrote a whole bunch, and forgot to hit submit. Anyways, I paid $51.99 for it at the namao center location. The roads are pretty crappy, I'm going to be throwing on my blizzacks on i think.

I still have 2 5.0 mustangs.. once the snow melts, im gonna list them both. I just filled up my tank, and I got 345km to that tank. WAAY too lazy to figure out how many MPG that is :)

j_yewchin
10-19-2004, 08:33 PM
345 still isn't good, i dont know if you looked on this website but someone posted what gm has tested our cars at. it was somewhere around 500km in the CITY, which i dont even get on the highway. you and me better get our fuel economy problems solved pretty quick! i got a mechanic friend doing a fuel injector flush for me... shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks for a professional job going thru the shop i work at. which is a pretty sweet deal. i'll tell you how it works out i dunno when im gonna be able to get it done though. list up the stangs now!, you could use some winter cash. i bet they'd sell in no time in the autotrader. anyways talk with you later. u can send me more messages if u want

atc3434
10-19-2004, 08:49 PM
215 miles to a tankful is retartedly bad. O2 sensors gotta be going south. Thats terrible mileage... I usually get at least 270miles before I get the yellow light.

Dr. Anthony
10-19-2004, 11:50 PM
I also have 145,000 miles on it :) (232,000 KM)
I highly doubt the O2s were EVER changed. i think i might go ahead and do those.

j_yewchin
10-20-2004, 07:35 PM
how on earth did you log that many kilometres? my moms boyfriend did 4xx,xxx in 3 years on his truck, but you at 232xxx wow

Dr. Anthony
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
thats alomst 5,000 km a month. Thats like driving from here to new york, and 1/4 way back every month

Magnum
10-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Sorry to jump in here, but for comparison's sake, I drive my '03 GT 5500 Km per month (mostly highway) and consistently get over 500 Km per tank of gas. (just about 2 years now).
Also, my '01 was the same, which I drove for just about 2 years before I got the '03.

Dr. Anthony
10-21-2004, 11:16 AM
yeah i think im going to replace the O2s on the car.. I'm hoping the cats arnt clogged either

j_yewchin
10-25-2004, 08:13 PM
over 500? i mustered 462kms on a highway trip. figured it out and it was only 31mpg. cuz i used 42L of gas. yeah the tank is 55 i coulda gone longer but i dont feel like paying for a fuel pump anytime soon. kinda sucky for the highway though. thats AFTER the injector flush too. next step is takin a look at the O2 sensors i guess. dr anthony tell me if u end up changing yours.

Dr. Anthony
10-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I wont be replacing it with new O2s. friend of mine owns an auto wreckers, so next low milage 02s that come in.. I'll get off him.

j_yewchin
10-25-2004, 08:17 PM
holy crap that took you like 40 seconds! i get emailed when someone replies and that was FAST. tell me if it improves your fuel economy either way. woohoo we are up to 3 pages now! magnum did you ever have to replace much on your 01 or not really?

Dr. Anthony
10-25-2004, 08:22 PM
i wont be doing it for another few weeks. I leave for Vegas on thursday and wont be back til middle of nov :)

j_yewchin
10-25-2004, 08:24 PM
ohhhhh well in that case swing by the castle downs area of edmonton b4 u go to vegas and come get me. oh wait i'm 19 i couldn't do d.ick all there :) i popped 40 bucks into a slot machine the other day and came out with 580. i wasnt complaining. have fun though hey

Dr. Anthony
10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
lol. i live right on the other side of 97th street. I bought one of those new condos they built in behind namao center

j_yewchin
10-25-2004, 08:29 PM
do you really? what color is your car i'll see if i can spot you, lol. mines noisy with two oval tips. have u ever checked out that small car show thats at the petro canada on fort road? some guy had his lamborghini there this summer.

Magnum
10-26-2004, 08:26 AM
holy crap that took you like 40 seconds! i get emailed when someone replies and that was FAST. tell me if it improves your fuel economy either way. woohoo we are up to 3 pages now! magnum did you ever have to replace much on your 01 or not really?

Just the usual maintenance stuff: plugs, wires, fuel filter, pcv valve, etc.

Also the typical GA crap - brakes, intake manifold and head gaskets (twice)

Never did change the o2 sensor, but I did pull and clean it out good once. Made no difference, it still got great mileage.

Also - I replaced the stock exhaust with a dual magnaflow setup, which boosted the fuel mileage somewhat at higher speeds - I get better economy at 130km/h than at 95km/h. This may account for some of the difference.

j_yewchin
10-26-2004, 05:48 PM
dual huh? that couldn't of been cheap.. twice for the head gaskets? thats not cool. hope that happens to me b4 my warranty runs out. heheh. yeah im outta ideas im just going to keep driving it, maybe eventually the check engine will come on and i'll get an idea from there. until then all im going to try is disconnecting the battery again. later all

abusedgt97
10-26-2004, 06:57 PM
use a manifold vaccum gauge and test the exhaust.

Magnum
10-26-2004, 10:28 PM
dual huh? that couldn't of been cheap.. twice for the head gaskets? thats not cool. hope that happens to me b4 my warranty runs out.

It was quite a bit cheaper than the Borla, and I'm happy with it. All my gaskets were covered by warranty.

I suggest you change the plugs again, to NGK TR55 copper or TR55GP platinum - I never had much success with ACDelco or Bosch plugs, and the NGK plugs are about a dollar each.

Also, change your wires - Accel wires are not very long-lived, but they work great for about 20,000Km, and are cheap as dirt. The number on the box is 4062, they are for a 1984 TransAm 2.8L V6. They fit great.

Change your PCV valve - it costs $2, I do it every oil change. Clean your air filter, there's a ton of little stuff to do if you haven't already. I go as far as cleaning the MAF sensors every once in a while too, and it does make a difference.

j_yewchin
11-02-2004, 09:17 PM
well i changed the pcv about 10000 ago but it could hurt to do it again. well i do hear good things about the ngk. but i feel the rapidfires should be ok. i'm gonna double check the back ones when theres a decently warm day next. i agree with the maf sensor thing its good to clean those suckers. i would buy the new wires, however i think the stockers should have no problem hitting 100 000kms. last i checked a set of accel wires were 70+ dollars, but thats here in alberta....at rip-off-tire. maybe your talking about a different kind of them though. because your saying they should only go 20000kms... thats kinda weak. i'll get a new pcv tomorrow, what other "small things" do you suggest? i enjoy the easy projects :D. abusedgt97 - > you said to test the exhaust. are you talking about the possibility of a clogged catalytic converter? in a couple days im getting it hooked up to the scan tool to see what kind of readings my primary O2 sensor is giving out. hopefully its not screwed. but we'll see. any more suggestions welcome. only registered 220kms and im already going below half a tank. thats over 60% freeway driving. like i said b4 it should be waaaaaay better. especially after getting some comparisons. thanks everyone.

sc02grandam
11-02-2004, 09:42 PM
hey jim... i think 500km/ tank is normal... i get 10km/L on mine... and doesnt matter if thats highway or city... my parents 3.4L alero does around the same.. better on highway but 10km/L on city

j_yewchin
11-02-2004, 09:48 PM
oh heyyyy hows the school going? you've got a LOT more horsepower than me! hahah so i'd think your mileage would be at least a little different. nah its jut the window stickers at work say 26mpg city and 42mpg highway for the new grand ams. and i know the highway testing is usually around 77km/hr. but i should be able to pull off SOMEwhat close to that. and i've figured it out several times. its pretty sad really. i'll know if my o2 sensor is crap in a couplea days...

The Shadow
11-03-2004, 12:06 AM
As for the Bosch Platinums, I'm currently using them on my 3100 SFI Grand AM and they're burning strong. Add in some new oil, a new filter and some injector cleaner.. and the car is runnin' stronger then before!

Pacman
11-03-2004, 01:20 AM
50$ for spark plugs! OMFG are you crazy!

i don't see a problem with this. i spent close to $80 for my denso iridiums (2 stage cooler)

j_yewchin
11-03-2004, 08:04 AM
yeah its not THAT expensive considering how long they last. its good to hear bosch works for someone, instead of no one! i think the list price for new ac delco platinums were 20 bucks a pop. best i could of got them was like 10 each or something. turns out the rapdifire platinums were the cheapest ac delco route, so i went with them. for whatever reason they came in a package of 8 when they came into the dealership but i only had to pay for 6. why are your spark plugs 2 stages cooler? i didn't check your profile yet but are you running a different setup than most of us? i was kinda scared they might've given me the wrong heat range spark plugs when i ordered the rapidfires, it said #8 on the package.. :S and since its been around 7000kms since my last oil change i AM chaning it soon, shadow. don't worry its mobil 1 in there. hahah later.

Pacman
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
i need cooler running plugs. it's recommended for forced induction ;)

j_yewchin
11-04-2004, 10:00 PM
interesting... had a tech 2 hooked up to my car today.. the mechanic showed me (after me asking) that the fuel trim (long and short term) is within spec... no misfires, 0 degrees of knock retard.. and the o2 is constantly switching back and forth from lean to rich like it should. hes baffled now that i explained my below par fuel economy. he suggested taking the rapidfires out. im thinkin about just throwing in cheapie ac delcos. YES i know the car comes with platinums but thats juts so you dont have to change em much. plus i checked out the ngk's today and its 9 bucks for a pair, and that was just the g-power series, not the platinum. and the v-power i hear sucks. yeah i dunno anymore...

j_yewchin
11-11-2004, 10:21 PM
another update...installed ngk platinums...much better low end. something still seems amiss though. idle doesn't sound as smooth as other 3100/3400's. thats about it. later.

j_yewchin
11-30-2004, 09:16 PM
still clueless. had the injectors flushed out at my work.. no diff whatsoever. higher octance gas yeilds slightly higher fuel economy, but not worth the extra money. still starts good and everything. considering taking a look at the fuel filter that i changed 8000kms ago. maybe i got some bad gas and clogged it up. least that would explain why i have no power until higher rpms. i hope my fuel pump fails and my warranty gets me a new one, lol. i know i've made a lotta posts but does anyone else have any ideas? im out of things to try. as suggested i did put in a new pcv, and just did another oil change. me and dr anthony were talkina bout O2 sensors, how many people here have had faulty ones with under 60 000 miles? one of these days i'll figure it out...or get rid of it. one of the two.