Sup! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sup!

blaze9603
07-26-2004, 07:02 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hi. I just registered and have just also started to do some changes to my car. I was just looking for parts and saw this web site so thought it would be a good place to get some ideas on what to do and where to get parts and also try to be of any help to anyone that I can. Anyways peace.

Quote: Life is to short to worry about all of the bulls**t

ArcticWhiteSE
07-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Wow, just wait till Bob finds out you posted in the wrong section.....

Welcome aboard! I've been here for 3+ years and I can't tell you how much of a blessing this place is. Just watch out for the Hosses, and the bosses, and you'll do fine.

blaze9603
07-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Yeah in advence Bob im sorry. By the way what do you mean by the hosses and the bosses. Anyways where should I have posted this message at Im new to this as you can see.

ArcticWhiteSE
07-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Up the top of the Forums index, there's a Newbies and FAQ section. I was just kidding about Bob though. He's our resident Hoss (Know-it-all w/strong opinions and quick to point out flaws in people) The bosses are Guru and Guru2, they're the site owners/creators. They have the ultimately unwieldley power to terminate you if you choose to step out of line too often. There are also section specific moderators who watch over us like a black rain cloud.

BTW, as a newbie, you should probably familiarize yourself with ALL the forum guidelines, and rules, and also common courtesies. They can be found at the top of the forum indexing as well.

Again, enjoy yourself, and I hope this site becomes as addictive to you as it is to the other members.

blaze9603
07-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Ok cool Ill check out the guidelines and everything. And yeah Im already getting addicted. I can see that these forums have alot to offer.

CruzinGT33
07-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Very well done Arctic, and Welcome Blaze!!! The Search button is your ticket to success.

blaze9603
07-26-2004, 07:31 PM
OK i cant see the forum rules and all of that can you be a little more specific on where to look please.

Vintalage
07-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Up the top of the Forums index, there's a Newbies and FAQ section. I was just kidding about Bob though. He's our resident Hoss (Know-it-all w/strong opinions and quick to point out flaws in people) The bosses are Guru and Guru2, they're the site owners/creators. They have the ultimately unwieldley power to terminate you if you choose to step out of line too often. There are also section specific moderators who watch over us like a black rain cloud.

BTW, as a newbie, you should probably familiarize yourself with ALL the forum guidelines, and rules, and also common courtesies. They can be found at the top of the forum indexing as well.

Again, enjoy yourself, and I hope this site becomes as addictive to you as it is to the other members.

That was like reading a In-Game Tutorial. haha

blaze9603
07-26-2004, 07:46 PM
yes but it was helpful imformation.

Vintalage
07-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Indeed.

ArcticWhiteSE
07-26-2004, 08:08 PM
Ok, for the life of me, I cannot find a link to the forum rules. I'm terribly sorry for making an ass of myself already, but I do think that you'll be fine.

1. No racing stories. This includes any and all references to street racing/illegal activity.
2. Flaming/Insulting/Lying/Cheating/Stealing...etc will not be tolerated.
3. The word R-I-C-E is expressly forbidden to be used in the context of describing another car, no matter how big it's fart can, or how untasteful their graphics may be.
4. You must accept the fact that SiKmInDz has a hot mom. You will find this out in due time.
5. Post whoring is frowned upon. Use common sense when posting. If it's something that has been said, or doesn't need to be said, it's probably best either A: Not posted, or B: Kept within the confines of Private Messages (PM's)
6. Political viewpoints are rarely expressed, and when they are, the moderators tend to shut them down before they get too out of hand. Again, PM's are to be used when neccesary.
7. You have a warning rating system, as you may have noticed. If your warning level gets too high, I believe there is a temporary suspension of your User ID, until there is such time as it's decided whether or not you may return. Something you shouldn't worry about, unless you intend to start picking fights with people, and become what is known here, as an E-THUG.

I hope that's all......If there's anything I missed, please don't hesitate to contact anyone here for more information. They will be delighted to help you.

Again, Thanks for stoppin by our corner of the internet.

P.S. If you choose to really help out the grand am community, there is a way to become a premium member. You'll recieve unlimited access to the online arcade, as well as the respect from the rest of the members. The premium membership is 15 dollars for the year. It helps cover the cost of running such a great website. But, this is just a suggestion from someone who's opinion is very much biased. It is not neccesary to become a premium member.

Good god, I'm rambling on.

ArcticWhiteSE
07-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah, as this will probably be hammered into your head very hard and often, There is a SEARCH button at the top right of the screen. It is most useful for finding a specific thread which may have covered any problems, or questions you may have had.

The use of the SEARCH button is very much appreciated. It helps to reduce the amount of duplicate threads of the same topic of discussion.

I appologize if I sound like I'm being a prick. I really am glad you've found us.

blaze9603
07-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Ok thanks again for all of the helpfull info again. And I will think about the premium member deal.

Vintalage
07-26-2004, 08:31 PM
But keep in mind that the Search function is not perfect. You may notice on occasion that a thread you have posted can not be found via the search. From my experience, this is more often than not. It seems as though the search has taken a break.

ArcticWhiteSE
07-26-2004, 08:35 PM
damn search button....always taking breaks....not doing it's damn job....sounds like someone I know!

blaze9603
07-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Well hopefully it will work for me at least some of the time.

blaze9603
07-27-2004, 07:35 AM
So how do I go about becoming a premium member.

mwolverines
07-27-2004, 07:54 AM
user cp-----> misc. options-------> paid subscriptions--------> there ya go

blaze9603
07-27-2004, 08:07 AM
Thank you.

blaze9603
07-27-2004, 08:20 AM
ok so how do i know if it worked i used paypal

blaze9603
07-27-2004, 08:57 AM
nevermind i should have done alittle more research b-4 i asked that question.

GTHeather
07-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi! Just wanted to say welcome also. I'm a newbie too, and I'm so addicted to this site. It's fun, and a lot of interesting things can be found on here. If you want to talk my names and stuff are up. Have fun.

'01GT
08-01-2004, 09:08 PM
*welcome*