Battery Reccomendations? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Battery Reccomendations?

Doctor Ouchie
07-27-2004, 10:35 AM
My car's been starting ****-poor ever since I let a friend borrow it for a night and the clock on the headunit's been reseting just about everytime I startup, so it's time for a new battery. I know the Optima's seem to be the end-all-be-all of batteries, but they're expensive. Anyone have positive experience with slightly cheaper batteries?

And a slightly off-topic question: my doors won't lock; only by manually pressing the switch in the handle. More recently, my driverside door won't unlock, the passenger side is fine, but this pretty much makes remote entry useless. Think this might be a problem with having an extremely worn out battery?

Slim
07-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Sounds like your friend may have switched batteries on you. lol If you're not running a crazy stereo system, you don't need anything special. I've always had good luck with Interstate batteries. And, believe it or not, I've always had really good results with stock Delco batteries (awaits the flaming :p).

erimar77
07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Think this might be a problem with having an extremely worn out battery?

Whatever that is..the battery would be the cheapest route to solving the problem, I'd give that a shot first

SC/TGrandAm
07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Wal-Mart sales a battery called the Everstart Maxx its a yellow battery and is pretty awesome for a wal-mart product and works great.

Craig99SE2
07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Optima baby! Had the same one since 1993 and it still starts like a champ! $99 at Costco!

AznGA
07-27-2004, 11:06 AM
What are advantages of having "red top" ones?

Doctor Ouchie
07-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Red top's are just Optima's regular spiral cell batteries. The only advantage is price. Yellow tops are the deep cycle batteries.

And batteries are expensive. I couldn't find anything but the no-name brands in Autozone or Advanced.