Dang GAGT regulators! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dang GAGT regulators!

BadGT471
07-27-2004, 03:49 PM
I know this is a beated thread, but how many people on here have had to replace their window regulators MORE than once within 30,000 miles on their grand am? I have an 02, and just today I had my drivers side one (2 door coupe) replaced for the 4th time within 30k miles. this is getting ridiculous, and i'm really worrying about what to do after warranty is up.. The window was rattling when it went up and down... According to the tech sheet I got, it said that something was wrong with the bindings on the regulator or something??? Here's my question. First of all, if I am out of warranty and I need this done what will it cost?? Whats the total job? Also, i know when I had my Z28, you could buy the window motor from like AutoZone... Can you buy the motors and regulators aftermarket from like AutoZone for the grand am, or am I stuck paying a fortune to get one from Pontiac? If someone could post some info, that would be great!

Jeff

luniz
07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
They are on ebay all the time. Mine went out in the middle of winter. My window fell down and it was 10 focking degrees out. I was p1ssed and late for class.

coupe
07-27-2004, 05:25 PM
99 GT 57K miles and mine have never been replaced. I got lucky i guess.

2000GA
07-27-2004, 05:51 PM
99 GT 57K miles and mine have never been replaced. I got lucky i guess.

yea 88k miles and a 2000 and mine still work fine. little slower than other cars that i drive but still work so far...

rizer
07-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Previous owner had it replaced twice. Then with me once. I must have bad luck.

Somethings making a hard bang noise now when i shut the door. Im just waiting for it to fall off track or somehting

GTLUVA
07-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Passenger side window regualtor and window sash went bad at 10,000 miles knock on wood thats the only major problem I had so far on my car besides moisture in my bulbs lol

CruzinGT33
07-29-2004, 05:15 PM
I presently have this dreaded problem. The back bracket broke on the window and caused the bracket to break. So getting an aftermarket one will work just fine?

CelticSkyhawk
07-29-2004, 10:15 PM
If its just the bracket that's broken, get a replacement. A dealership will charge you about $35 for this tiny piece of plastic, so look around first. If you have to replace the whole regulator a dealership will charge between $250 and $400 (went to multiple dealerships checking price). It's not the easiest of tasks, but you can do this yourself, get a regulator on eBay for about $75 and save yourself some cash.

If you can find the bracket that holds the window glass to the regulator arm somewhere other than the dealer, let me know. I still need one, mine is currently glued back together but not holding well.

CruzinGT33
07-29-2004, 10:21 PM
yeah, the tech told me to heat up the bracket somehow and take a razorblade to it. He said you should be able to find a new one at NAPA or somewhere.