Help Please!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!

modrndansr
07-27-2004, 05:33 PM
OK, so I bought my grand am a year ago (used) and it has 82k miles on it... i'm having problems and I really need help.

1. my window is broken. The driver side window goes up and down, but crooked. The back goes up and out like its not on track or something. My boyfriend and his dad took off the door panel... and everything seems to look fine- whats wrong with it?

2. There is a strange clicking noise coming from the front passenger side. It always happens in 3's and isnt predictable. Its a rhythmic noise- always in the same pattern and only from the passenger side (almost like under the hood)

3. My engine has been shaking and the check engine light turned on. I had it hooked up to the diagnostics by my bf's cousin, and he said it was the 6th cylinder or something like that (forgive the car ignorance) so he replaced all the plugs and wires in my car, and it was fine for a few days... i turned on my car again today and its doing it again! this time the check engine light is blinking at me and there is a strange egg smell coming from my car. I just spent 900 on fixing the intake valve gasket or something like that and somethign to do with a gas hingey thing... so i'm really frusterated.

Any suggestion???

Please help!

Thanks

iceman
07-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I can offer #3... if you have a blinking SES, you're having severe misfires.. Injectors, ignition related, clogged cat are all possible.

modrndansr
07-27-2004, 05:37 PM
thanks- now if i can find someone who knows what that means :) just kidding... :) any other suggestions for the other 2?

MetaGTP1
07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
On Item #1, the window sits in a track(or guide). If the track is cracked or broken, you would have the problem described. The window is actually glued to the track. Also, check the lift assembly. :)

modrndansr
07-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Thank you! I'll have him look at that too! The lift assembly... thats the motor thing right? Can i pick that up at a junk yard? :) ugh- maybe i should leave this up to the professionals... but i've already spent more money fixing this thing than i payed for it!... well almost

mwolverines
07-27-2004, 07:08 PM
did u have this problem when u bought the car? always look at every aspect of a used car, because this stuff can happen very often. gotta be careful.

MetaGTP1
07-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Thank you! I'll have him look at that too! The lift assembly... thats the motor thing right? Can i pick that up at a junk yard? :) ugh- maybe i should leave this up to the professionals... but i've already spent more money fixing this thing than i payed for it!... well almostIt may be best to take the car to a dealer service for repair. If you put in more money than the car is worth, it may be best to get rid of the car.

jayfly07
07-27-2004, 10:45 PM
Your window isn't working properly? That's news to me.( heavy sacasm)

modrndansr
07-30-2004, 06:07 PM
did u have this problem when u bought the car? always look at every aspect of a used car, because this stuff can happen very often. gotta be careful.

The problem didnt occur until i had owned the car for almost a year. The dealer told me it was going to be $500 to fix. I still owe 5k on the car, and its not worth that anymore! Ugh :( I was trying to figure out what would make the window look like its on the track but still not work properly so i could try to have my boyfriends cousin fix it- i'm going to be getting rid of this car as soon as i have it payed down enough to get what i owe for it.

anyone have a guess to what the gear-like clicking noise from the passenger side?

2003GAGT
07-30-2004, 07:26 PM
OK, so I bought my grand am a year ago (used) and it has 82k miles on it... i'm having problems and I really need help.

1. my window is broken. The driver side window goes up and down, but crooked. The back goes up and out like its not on track or something. My boyfriend and his dad took off the door panel... and everything seems to look fine- whats wrong with it?

2. There is a strange clicking noise coming from the front passenger side. It always happens in 3's and isnt predictable. Its a rhythmic noise- always in the same pattern and only from the passenger side (almost like under the hood)

3. My engine has been shaking and the check engine light turned on. I had it hooked up to the diagnostics by my bf's cousin, and he said it was the 6th cylinder or something like that (forgive the car ignorance) so he replaced all the plugs and wires in my car, and it was fine for a few days... i turned on my car again today and its doing it again! this time the check engine light is blinking at me and there is a strange egg smell coming from my car. I just spent 900 on fixing the intake valve gasket or something like that and somethign to do with a gas hingey thing... so i'm really frusterated.

Any suggestion???

Please help!

Thanks
I think the problematic part in #1 is called a window sash.