Problem Starting [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problem Starting

sl0w_GT
07-30-2004, 12:40 AM
so i pulled out of my drive way and out of nowhere the ABS light came on so i turned the car off and turned it on again but it took about 2 minutes to start back up...seemed kinda odd but it drove fine after...got to my sisters house and i locked the car...i was coming out and unlocked the car with the remote lock put the key int he igntion everything started up as usual and when i went to start it everything shut off and i had no power what so ever...i jumped it and drove home noticing whenever i stepped on the brakes or used any kinda electrical power the headlights would dim...get to my hosue turn off the car go to restart it to see if it would start again and everything shut off again...i took the battery off and took it to autozone and it tested good...i dont know what it'd be you guys have any ideas?

sicc
07-30-2004, 12:49 AM
alternator is my 2nd guess... 1st would have been the battery cuz thats what it sounds like.

this happened to me twice in my GA so the 2nd time i got the high output alternator... havent had electrical probs since [the red top optima helps too]

sl0w_GT
07-30-2004, 12:50 AM
thats' what i was thinking too..but wouldn't i have some kinda power like the radio, gauge lights, etc when i even turn the car onto ACC?

sicc
07-30-2004, 01:04 AM
yes if thats the case its your battery. not sure how they said it was fine, cuz ACC runs straight off the battery.

sl0w_GT
07-30-2004, 11:19 AM
okay....i put the battery back on this morning so i could jump it and take it to my mechanic..n i was ahh what the hell i'll try to start it...it took a whiel like it was flooded and started and now it's acting perfect....

sl0w_GT
09-02-2004, 01:17 PM
it did it agian last weekend... and yesterday morning..a friend of mine told me it could be a bad cell in the battery?..but whenever i take the negative and positive terminal off and put them back on the battery the car starts up fine. i'm getting really annoyed by all of this