95 Quad4 ignition problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 95 Quad4 ignition problems

Skipponator
07-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Bro inlaw has a 95 GA with the Quad 4 for a winter beater. Currently it runs on 2 cyl only. We repalced the plugs, wires or whatever you want to call them and something else (I can't remember) and still runs on 2 cylinders.

Who's got ideas?

Thanks,

-Skip

Matt95GT
07-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Has the IDI module been tested? Was it replaced with a used one? The replacement coil housing should be white. If it's the black plastic, then it's the older style which was recalled.

Also, check the IDI plug - my contacts wore out causing the same issue. Try removing that rubber connector gasket, and wiggle the plug around while it's running... that's how I noticed it was my plug and not the module/coils/plugs.

And a word from the wise... I would expect better results by not insulting the very cars/engines that owners/enthusiasts have when posting on a particular car forum. :cheers:

Skipponator
08-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info, sorry about the comment on the Quad 4, I used to have a Monte Z34 with the 3.4 DOHC and bashed it all the time even though I loved it, except when it cost me thousands to fix, but still.

I apologize if I offended anyone, I will relay this info to my Bro and see what he finds out. If anyone has more input please feel free to do so!