Altezza lights screwed up my wiring I think :( [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Altezza lights screwed up my wiring I think :(

nd4spd
07-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Well put my new gunmetal altezzas in, oh my second set by the way. They were working fine, until none of my lights would work. It was blowing my 20 amp turn signal fuse, so I put a 30 in, only one side worked. Put in my old lights, stop lights work, so do my turn signals, but now my parking lights for my tails, and my gauge lights will not work :nono: . Is there a seperate fuse that controls these, that I'm not seeing that may be blown. I mean if so, I cant just put a hight fuse in and put the altezzas back in right? I am so stinking upset, now I have 2 sets sitting here, one damaged from shipping, and now this set, which I think the wiring is shot. Any help would be appreciated. Did I say SOB!!!! yet??? And 2#$@#$@#$@#$@ ???

2003GAGT
07-30-2004, 08:24 PM
I blew the same fuse you are looking for a couple times when I shorted out the led's in my tails. I forgot what the fuse is called but it's under the hood in that fuse box.

PM iceman, he knows which one it is.

nd4spd
07-31-2004, 06:55 AM
Yea I just have normal bulbs in the tails too. Would it be safe after I find the fuse, to keep using the tails you think?

nd4spd
07-31-2004, 09:16 AM
Well I replaced the fuse under the hood, and I noticed that the wires were frayed at the connecter with the tail lamps. Taped em up, and everything is working right :), phew. Must have been from the wires touching... Just I have to keep an eye on my lights for a while, thanks for the help chucky :)