Dome light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Dome light

kenneth_gt_74
07-31-2004, 09:04 PM
Well i took out my dome light to see about changing the bulbs in it...and now i can't get the bloody thing to clip back in.When you take off the dome light..there is a the piece that it clips into ...but it is loose...so when i try to pop it back in...it does not stay in place for the dome light itself to clip in.Any ideas??? i know i can take it to the dealer to get it back on...but i rather save the hassel...of going...thought i would ask you guys first.Thanks again

dxtreme_85
07-31-2004, 09:20 PM
basically...i got a glue gun...and poured hot glue all over the clip....and stuffed it back in there.....once it dried...i snapped the dome light back in

kenneth_gt_74
08-01-2004, 06:17 AM
Hmmmmmm that is a good idea....never thought of that. Thanks i apperciate it.

mr_eh
08-01-2004, 06:18 AM
how did you remove the plastic when you took it off that you ruined it?

kenneth_gt_74
08-02-2004, 04:53 AM
NO it is not ruined at all....when you take off the whole dome light assembly...it is help in place by a bracket....well the bracket is moving loose... and being that it is inside the roofing of the inside of the car...and can't really push or hold it down to pop the dome light back in....i can't get it to snap in place.I might just go to the dealer and have it done.

XMBlackGT1
08-02-2004, 07:05 AM
NO it is not ruined at all....when you take off the whole dome light assembly...it is help in place by a bracket....well the bracket is moving loose... and being that it is inside the roofing of the inside of the car...and can't really push or hold it down to pop the dome light back in....i can't get it to snap in place.I might just go to the dealer and have it done.

Do you have a sunroof? If so, pull the grey rubber trim back that surrounds the opening of the roof- then you can reach between the roof and the headliner, put your hand on the bracket that holds the dome light in, and push the dome light itself back into the holder. Mine has done this many times and it works to get it back in there.

Blackrider
08-02-2004, 07:58 AM
I just sta in the back seat pulled the 2 clips off the roof and soved my hand in untill i could old the black thing down then pressed in the light.

kenneth_gt_74
08-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Yeah i do have a sunroof.......i did not even knot that...thanks alot guys. I apperciate the help.It bugged me all weekend about how i was going to get it back in. It is a new car...but i still wanted to get it myself. I am stubborn that way. Once again thank you everyone.

GTLUVA
08-02-2004, 08:50 AM
I'm replacing my bulbs in my dome light later this week. I hate to say but I'm going to be visiting the dealer. The only bulbs I know how to change are my backup bulbs.

Rich
08-02-2004, 11:40 AM
yea the same thing happened to me and i shoved my hand in there to fix it. but be careful because if you crease the headliner it wont come out.

kenneth_gt_74
08-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I replaced the bulb with a blue one in the front part of the dome light....but apparetly i can't changed the reading lights in the back of the dome light cause they are some fixed bulb thing or something that can only be replaced at the dealer. Can't even take the bulb out...anyone have any ideads for me as to how i can change it... if i am even able to..

Jagey
08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
i took it to the dealer to fix it because the car was new and i had no idea how to fix it. It cost about 100 bucks to put it in. Afterwards I realized you just stick your hand under the headliner and hold that piece down.

GAGTSCTGuy
08-02-2004, 05:54 PM
I replaced the bulb with a blue one in the front part of the dome light....but apparetly i can't changed the reading lights in the back of the dome light cause they are some fixed bulb thing or something that can only be replaced at the dealer. Can't even take the bulb out...anyone have any ideads for me as to how i can change it... if i am even able to..

You can change them, its a 194 with a slight mod, the answer is in a thread on here. I'll find it and post it

GAGTSCTGuy
08-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Good thread: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6494