My Car Problem is back again [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My Car Problem is back again

GTLUVA
08-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Last summer I had my service engine soon light come and my trac off button warning lights come on. They came on about 3 times and I never bothered to take my car in. Well the light came on my car again today when I started up my car after I took my dog in for another blood test. So I drove to the local gm dealer and showed him the two lights that were on and they took an scanner to my car and told me that I might have a bad wheel sensor. Which means anyday I could be driving and my abs and can out on me but I would still have my brakes. Anybody ever had this problem yet me know. I made an appoinment tomorrow with the gm dealership where I bought my car but he restarted my car and bingo the lights came off.

blackGT420
08-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I have that same problem happen once in a while. Whenever it happens I just restart my car and the lights go off. It happened about 3 times now but I have not had it looked at. Im not really too worried about it, but would like to know what it is

MikeSilverGT
08-03-2004, 08:27 AM
I had that happen once about 8 months ago, but when I turned off the car and turned it back on the light was gone.. I went to a dealer and they said a code wasn't thrown.. so I don't know either.

damaster89
08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah....I've had the same problems with the Trac Off light coming on everyonce in a while. I don't know why it happens but it always goes away after I restart the car.

GTLUVA
08-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Well I took this car in on Wednesday and my gm dealer told me the other gm dealer cleared the code out with their scanner so I'm just hoping this light will come back up in the computer. Started up my car tonight after I got some ice cream and bingo the damn Service Engine Soon and Trac Off button both lit up in my dash. I came home turned off my car restarted it and bingo the lights dissappeared. I just called up the gm dealership where I bought the car which is 40 miles away from my house and explained to them the problem was back. So I'm taking it on Monday at 10:30 and I'm going to see whats wrong. I would take it back to the gm dealership in my town but they will clear the code again. So I'm kind of ticked I have to drive 80 mile round trip but what can you do.