Warning lights? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Warning lights?

'01GT
08-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Just out of curosity.
I noticed on the gauge cluster that starting at about 115mph mark there are lines in the outer part where the warning lights are. Anybody know what they're for? Anyone ever see the 'check tire pressure' light come on, I haven't.

iceman
08-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Tire pressure light was only active in 99's iirc.

Craig99SE2
08-02-2004, 08:26 PM
To turn it on, just go driving in the snow and spin the tires a lot! :D

It uses the ABS sensors and if it senses different speeds from left to right, front to back over a "secret" period of time, it throws the light. FWIW, I have noticed handling issues and checked tire pressure to find they were off by about 5 psi ... but no light. Kinda useless if you ask me ... prolly why they removed it.

Mike Jung
08-02-2004, 09:39 PM
I beleive the tire pressure monitor system detects a difference of 10psi or greater via the ABS system (like Craig99SE2 said).

I heard they dis-continued that feature because people where not using it properly & it was always going off.

& the early '99 versions didn't get the tire pressure monitoring system.

tranceokido
08-02-2004, 10:51 PM
I asked this question a while back. The marks are there just to fill up the space...they serve no purpose..never were suppose to do anything...never will. :violin

Sleepwalkr
08-02-2004, 11:26 PM
I beleive the tire pressure monitor system detects a difference of 10psi or greater via the ABS system (like Craig99SE2 said).

I heard they dis-continued that feature because people where not using it properly & it was always going off.

& the early '99 versions didn't get the tire pressure monitoring system.

I was gonna say.... they must have stopped using it. On my '00, I checked my pressure one day when I found I had a nail, my pressure was at 14psi in that tire, and all 3 other tires were at about 33psi, and I was like; Why the hell didn't the tire pressure monitor tell me this? They're a good idea when they work. Now I know why it didn't.

Craig99SE2
08-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Just FYI - I design instrument clusters for a living and this is common to have "placeholders" for tell-tales even if they do not exist. When we build one, we will add in all tell-tales expected for the next 3 model years to cover our butts because re-tooling to create new masks (gauge faces) is hella expensive! They just kept the '99 tooling with the Tire Press. Monitor to save $.

'01GT
08-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks everyone!

tranceokido
08-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Justl like 03+ GA's don't have the cruise light anymore..well you have it...but it doesn't work. :metal:

00blackGT
09-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Yea i had an 04 GASE when my gt was in the shop and the light did not come on when i turned on the cruise..I was like ok?? Well thanks for clearing that up..