Engine problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Engine problem

jayfly07
08-06-2004, 08:45 PM
For the past few weeks i've been having an interesting engine problem. Usually when my car idles, the engine will sort of pulsate. My RMP's aren't going up and down, but it sounds like it's reving up and down. I hope that makes sense. It's very noticable and loud as if i was doing it with the gas pedal. I'm hoping i just need a tune up? Any suggestions you could give me before i take it in would be greatly appreciated.

mikeljohnson03
08-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Mine always did that same thing even when i first got it. Let me guess it sounds like you got a racing cam in it when it idles right? Well if you do find out that its something major make sure you let me know.

jayfly07
08-06-2004, 11:29 PM
not sure if i have a racing cam. i bought it used. i have had it since last october and it just started doing this the past few weeks. thanks for the input though

mikeljohnson03
08-07-2004, 12:38 PM
not sure if i have a racing cam. i bought it used. i have had it since last october and it just started doing this the past few weeks. thanks for the input though

Woah man i didn`t say you had a racing cam, I just said when it idles like that it sounds like you do. right?

jayfly07
08-07-2004, 04:01 PM
my bad. i misread your post. i have no idea what a racing cam sounds like man.