GM 10 Minute RELEARN procedure. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GM 10 Minute RELEARN procedure.

v6h.o.
08-07-2004, 05:14 PM
ive been asked by Blackrider(jordie) to post this as he said someone was having issues with the DHP relearn.

when i did Jordies PCM relearn. i couldnt for the **** of me get it to work with "DHP's" relearn crap...

so i just used the GM relearn procedure. (dont know why i didnt do this in the first place, but figured they might have some wonky system for some reason)

GM:

10 Minute Learn Procedure
Tools Required:
None

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important
The vehicle learns the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password.
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

Blackrider
08-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks dood, Truly a Jedi Master :)

When I got my replacment from DHP their Relean worked after the second try.

'01GT
08-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

EBlend
08-08-2004, 10:05 AM
does this mean u can teach ur passlock a new code as well?

coupe
08-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Mine fired right up first try.

robc7gt
07-26-2005, 04:12 PM
me too!