SVS with ABS and TRAC lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SVS with ABS and TRAC lights

replica9000
08-09-2004, 01:26 AM
I just got my car back from the body shop. The had to repair the radiator and crap under the car after I had hit a deer. When I got the car back the ABS, SVS and Trac Off lights were on. They've been on for 4 days now. Tonight I started the car, none of the lights were on, about 5 min down the road all 3 lights popped on at the same time. Anyone know what could be causing these lights?

Gerbster
08-09-2004, 01:10 PM
I thought that happened when the alternator was getting weak.

replica9000
08-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Nah i've had the alternator go on my other car, the battery light comes on when the alternator is going

iceman
08-09-2004, 01:46 PM
something with the wheel hub.. dont remember exactly but search, it's a pretty common one.

Brewdogg18
08-16-2004, 09:27 AM
I just got my car back from the body shop. The had to repair the radiator and crap under the car after I had hit a deer. When I got the car back the ABS, SVS and Trac Off lights were on. They've been on for 4 days now. Tonight I started the car, none of the lights were on, about 5 min down the road all 3 lights popped on at the same time. Anyone know what could be causing these lights?yea, one of the two front wheel bearings (hubs) are bad, take it down to the shop, they can put it up and "hear" the bad one for you. Fixes the problem. I took mine to the dealer under warranty, told me it was the ignition switch throwing it, they replaced it, then it came back on, of course! Bad bearings.

replica9000
08-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Well i got it fixed. It was one of the hubs and a speed sensor. No lights anymore!

TOMGT99
08-17-2004, 09:13 PM
How much did it run you? I have a similar problem with trac off and the ABS light.

Brewdogg18
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
How much did it run you? I have a similar problem with trac off and the ABS light.unfortunate for you, I have a brother who is a mechanic, did it free of charge just payed the wholesale price on the part, I couldnt remember how much, cheap for me though!

replica9000
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
My insurance paid for it.

nd4spd
08-22-2004, 09:25 AM
I have gone through 4 hubs. Ebay usually has some good deals, and the local auto stores run you around 110-130 bucks. Dealer of course will kill you for labor and the hub. Anytime those stinking lights come on, or you hear a constant grinding noise when driving, its your hub.

GTLUVA
08-22-2004, 09:35 AM
My SVS light and trac off button would pop up on my car. They came on 4 times in the last month. Took it to the dealer when the light was on told me it was a wheel sensor of some sort they cleared the code off. The light then came up a couple days later again. Took it to another gm dealership they looked through every single wire in my car for 3.5 hours then blamed the problem on my AFTERMARKET amp and subwoofer wire through the ignition. The dealer then disconnect my amp wire that was bent supposedly through my ignition. Had my sub and amp disconnected completly. Then went to an different stereo installer had it installed right into my head unit. Bingo the light shot up again 2 days later but it came on right after I took my car through a bad high pressure car wash. Later that same night the stupid light came on again. But it hasn't come on in a week and half knock on wood. But when I had my car in the bodyshop on Monday and I went to go pick it up on Tuesday I was talking with the gm bodyshop manager and he thinks my tire sensor is getting wet through the car washes and its triggering my light off. But I think thats the problem

nd4spd
08-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm almost certain its a bad sensor, like you said it could be caused by dampness, or the water getting to it. Both times my sensor was bad due to the lights coming on and off, usually when it rained, had to splurge out for a new hub assembly.

GTLUVA
08-22-2004, 12:25 PM
Its so funny I just started my car today and bingo the two lights popped up. I restarted my car and bingo the lights shut off. I tell you its the damn automatic car washes. I just went thru one yesterday afternoon and less than 24 hours the light is back on :scream:

coupe
08-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I get the trac off light and the ABS light once in awhile. I dont feel anything wrong nore do i hear anything wrong. I just ignore it.

GTLUVA
08-22-2004, 12:59 PM
The lights were coming on my car last year already at 2000 miles but then all of a sudden they dissappered now a year later at around 13,000 miles they are showing up. I just ignore the stupid lights too. Even the stupid gm dealer doesn't know whats wrong with my car. They automatically blame it on my aftermarket amp. :rolleyes: Then they charge me $108 and then they dissconnect my amp for me. I ended up paying additonal $78 plus another $50 for another cord to get my sound system reconnected.

coupe
08-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Im old fashioned in a way. If i dont "hear" it or "feel" it then i ignore it. That dosent apply to everything but for things like this i just ignore it.