power window help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : power window help

tammikm
08-09-2004, 06:07 AM
my drivers side window seems to be a ittle loose, if i bring it down a bit i can push the window down about 2 inches with my hand, and it makes a lot of noise when going up and down. any ideas how to fix this or what is wrong. I have a 4 door.

thanks

Doctor Ouchie
08-09-2004, 12:15 PM
One of the window sashes may be loose (plastic pieces that are epoxied to the glass that are bolted to the motorized slides). You're best off taking off the interior door panel and taking a look. The pieces GM designed for the windows seem like they were ripped off a Fisher Price production line.

If you don't know how to get the panel off... pop off the red reflector in the bottom rear to access a phillips screw, then get the one in the door handle, then remove your power window/lock pad with a flathead and find the phillips screw, and finally the screw beneath the door handle. Then you rip the panel off from the bottom up. When you remove the plastic cover, be sure to keep the adhesive from getting particles in it.

crazypontiac03
08-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Or you can take it back to Gm and tell them to fix it, But that doesnt work either, some guys have had there window's Focked up and have taken back 3+!!! ITs a Gm Thing!!

AznGA
08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Are windows scratched?