Removing rear bumper [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear bumper

Alkaholik
08-11-2004, 08:23 PM
I've removed the three screws and one 10mm bolt and I can't get the last top screw out, I pulled on it and bumper just bent.

Anyone know the "proper" way of getting it off??

EBlend
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
for the rear bumper...i don't remember correctly...but there are those screws up on the top, i believe there is 2 hidden under the taillights as well....then there is screws in the wheel well.....look around, i think ther eis a few places in the wheel well,...don't remember exactly...and then u got to pull it up a bit by the ends right by the wheels..its kinda locked in there with a V chape thing, just pull up a lil..then slide it off..i changed my se to gt bumper in 15 min complete, so its really easy

Alkaholik
08-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks alot

killswitch08
05-21-2009, 04:03 AM
hey guys.. i also have a question about removing the rear bumper. I noticed a spot of rust forming just behind the tail light on the drivers side and i can't get to that spot to fix it up without removing the bumper. for someone that might not know exactly what they are doing, how long do you think it will take to remove the bumper? and will i just need to remove a couple screws plus some clips to get the bumper off ? im wondering if there is a How - To thread on this already or if we could start one

aiixon
05-21-2009, 02:31 PM
okay, first take off your tail lights. there will be 2 push-pin things on either side if i recall correctly, and pry those out. next get under your car, and there are about 3 maybe 4 more push pin things under the bumper that you need to pry out. now go to your wheel wells and there are 3 screws you have to take out on each side. then just slide the whole thing off. it's really easy, and not too hard to figure out.

killswitch08
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
thanks man. i took a look outside and you're right. 3 screws on each wheel well, 4 push pins underneath the bumper and im gonna check out the pins behind the tail lights tomorrow.