P0741 After new Coils, Wires, Plugs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : P0741 After new Coils, Wires, Plugs

dxtreme_85
08-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Okay, so I replaced my coils with MSD Blaster Coilpacks today, and also installed MSD 8.5mm Superconductor wires, and NGK TR55IX Iridium plugs. This was the first time I ever did this, but I did check the gap on the plugs, and they seemed to be gapped too tightly, so I opened them back up to .60. Anyways, I drove the car for a little while, and after about an hour, the SES light came on. Went to Autozone to have the car scanned, and it was throwing a P0741-Torque converter shut off or stuck open (or something to that extent). Now, the car still drove fine, but I was just wondering what is going on. I noticed something about this being a false code, and wanted to know what would cause it, and how it can be fixed. Thanks for the help!!

Terry

dxtreme_85
08-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Anbody know whats wrong w/ my baby!! Please help!!

fschambe
08-13-2004, 08:51 AM
WTF does it say right on the box for most Iridium plugs... Gap set at factory... Don't mess with the gap, the electrode in the middle is the thickness of a 0.7mm mechanical pencil lead... Oops it bent let's fix it... snap!... Well your code sounds like you disconnected and forgot to reconnect it.

dxtreme_85
08-13-2004, 10:01 PM
I didn't break any of the electrodes...but the gap was wrong...thats why I checked them all. They were only a tid bit off...I don't know that I didn't reconnect anything....but...anyways...the light went out today sometime after I hit 90mph on the way to work...and the time I got off at the exit ramp....haven't seen it come back on...so who knows....