Very expensive problem, need some direction, please! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Very expensive problem, need some direction, please!

99StudlyGT
08-13-2004, 04:45 PM
I was driving the other day and I noticed that my car was not shifting hard into third like usual. (I have an auto trans interceptor). Then when I tried to slow down, the car stayed in third and almost died, (started chugging). After that I was just getting all kinds of crap with third gear like surging and skipping it entirely. I had the codes read a dealer, and I guess about 8 came up. I told the guy all the mods I have, and he determined that nothing I have caused the problem and it's not electrical/computer. He said it's in the transmission itself. They say I either need to have the parts in the transmission replaced, or have a rebuilt one put in - both about 2 grand. What "parts" could be bad, they haven't told me.. Has anyone heard of needing a rebuild at 70K? I have been EXTREMELY easy on the car until this summer, and even now i'm not that bad. Please someone tell me what may be going on and if I have to have a rebuild.. If I do, is F*cking $2400 reasonable?
Thank you, Michael.

GroundZero
08-13-2004, 04:59 PM
SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME bring the car over lets do it ourselves takes bout one day to do? pm me ill give ya my #

99StudlyGT
08-13-2004, 05:25 PM
I sent you a message man.