Sound Of Fuel Pump When Key "ON" [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sound Of Fuel Pump When Key "ON"

Intuit57
08-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Hi ;

I recently had a new fuel pump installed. Since then there is a new sound to my car when I turn the key to the on position. (I turn it to On and wait till the pump does its thing then I start the car..easier starting 4 me) so..now when I turn the key to On there is a double 'click' noise coming from the drivers side engine area before the fuel pump engages..any ideas?

Thanks

gizmo_guy_1999
08-15-2004, 08:11 PM
posibbly relay on my 94 its on passanger side

Intuit57
08-16-2004, 08:09 PM
"relay" which relay are you referring to?

thanks

Aleromi
08-16-2004, 08:19 PM
its a 30 amp black box that allows power to the fuel pump and the sound is nomal...

Intuit57
08-17-2004, 04:46 AM
"its a 30 amp black box that allows power to the fuel pump and the sound is nomal..."

Can anyone else confirm that this sound is normal? I ask ONLY because I have *never* heard my car make this noise in the past, and as I said, I always turn the key to On, wait for normal fuel pump sound and then start it... I assume I would've heard it in the past 159,000kms?

GTluver
08-26-2004, 12:06 PM
"its a 30 amp black box that allows power to the fuel pump and the sound is nomal..."

Can anyone else confirm that this sound is normal? I ask ONLY because I have *never* heard my car make this noise in the past, and as I said, I always turn the key to On, wait for normal fuel pump sound and then start it... I assume I would've heard it in the past 159,000kms?

its a normal procedure when u wait to start the car....i do the same thing w/ my car....turn the key and wait for the fuel lines to do its thing, then start the car.....

no worries :thumbs:

Molson
08-26-2004, 12:41 PM
relays clicking is normal.

Intuit57
08-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Ok, well you guys say that sound is normal..and so did the mechanic..HOWEVER, after mentioning it to the mechanic and he had the car for a few hours to do both front hubs..the sound suddenly is Not there anymore! I suspect he fixed something without acknowledging his past mistake.