Q: Racing Seat Installation [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Q: Racing Seat Installation

LowVette
08-15-2004, 09:23 PM
On my 2003 SC/T, the front seats are bolted in at the rear and hinged at the front. The front part of each seat's mounting bracket has metal tabs that slide into 4 slots on the floor. The front and rear mounting locations are at different heights. Also, the seat belt buckle is attached to the seat. I'm 6 ft tall and the factory seats are very uncomfortable!

Questions:

1. Does anyone make seat brackets to fit Corbeau, Sparco, etc seats into the 2003? I've checked with Corbeau and Sparco, neither sells a correct bracket.
2. Have any of you made your own brackets to fit aftermarket seats in a 2003?
3. What are the options for attaching the seat belt buckle when aftermarket seats are installed?

Craig99SE2
08-16-2004, 04:41 PM
1. Why do you need racing seats?

Because the stock seats suck a55! Obviously you have never really actually tried to "drive" your car ... like autox, etc...

jordanGT
08-16-2004, 05:57 PM
As for the seats, I'm not sure. I'd imagine you could pull the tracks and brackets off your stock seats and bolt them onto the new seats, but as I say, I've never done this, just my thoughts. There are a few people who have done racing seats, run a quick search, and if you don't find the information, at least you may find the people who have done it so you can PM them and get some info. Good luck with it.

Aleromi
08-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Because the stock seats suck a55! Obviously you have never really actually tried to "drive" your car ... like autox, etc...

Hey if u want to see fab in racing seats , Pm me and will go from there also

i will be at woodward dream cruz too so there u can check it out... :driving:

LowVette
08-16-2004, 07:56 PM
1. Why do you need racing seats?

From the original post "I'm 6 ft tall and the factory seats are very uncomfortable!"

This is my daily driver and I'm looking for a comfortable aftermarket seat. I say "racing seats" because I'm familiar with certain Corbeau and Sparco seats that are far more comfortable than the POS seats Pontiac went with. I like most everything else about the car.

I use my Corvette for racing.