Pictures from our weekend with the G6 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from our weekend with the G6

Ryan
08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Jeremy and I have started an online album where we will keep the pictures we have taken for the site.

The first album created is of the G6 test drive we had last weekend.

The album can be found here: http://www.grandamgt.com/photos/

Leave comments as you see fit.

Enjoy!

Rba007
08-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Cannot Find Server...

Pucci
08-16-2004, 09:32 PM
I tell you what. You wont see one of those in my driveway. Those are UGLY.

Pucci

mr_eh
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
they didnt give you manual ones?
horse ****.

but overall, would either of you two consider buying one? (barring all variables and if you had the $ for it )

02andahalfgt
08-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Where's the fancy sunroof Pontiac has been beating to death? Or are there two sunroof options?

Ryan
08-16-2004, 09:44 PM
but overall, would either of you two consider buying one? (barring all variables and if you had the $ for it )

Yes...I am in the market for a new car next spring. Is has to be a GM car per the WU. Right now it is between the Malibu and the G6.

Where's the fancy sunroof Pontiac has been beating to death? Or are there two sunroof options?

No...these just had the normal sunroof. We just got what we got.

Rba007
08-16-2004, 09:48 PM
Ok, for some reason I click on the link and I continue to get "cannot find server". I hate my computer.

Jeremy
08-16-2004, 09:49 PM
the panoramic sunroof vehicles were out with other media groups. I used the manu-matic all weekend. When we left for home in the 'Nox, I had to remember NOT to try and shift it.

mr_eh
08-16-2004, 09:55 PM
how does the power feel? with the automatic and manumatic? blatantly faster then ga's ?

luniz
08-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Where is the engine pics?

Sleepwalkr
08-16-2004, 10:48 PM
I think they look pretty good. I'm diggin' the profile more than any other angle though.... nice sleek design.

mwolverines
08-16-2004, 11:05 PM
nice lookin interior. i like the seats, look comfy. the body is ok, maybe a few more curves, not so boxy. its nice though.

XMBlackGT1
08-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Great pix- the car looks cool, not sure that I'd run out and buy one though. I have to wait and see the coupe- that will be my determining factor. Hope you had a good weekend.

Ryan
08-17-2004, 06:06 AM
Ok, for some reason I click on the link and I continue to get "cannot find server". I hate my computer.

Try http://www.grandamgt.com/photos

Vintalage
08-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Meh, still hasn't won me over. These cars are going against the likes of Altima, Accord, and Camry right? Where is the rear center armrest? Seats seem flat. Interior is too plain. Even with that fake wood trim. And what's up with that? Wood trim on a Pontiac?

And your looking at the Malibu? Ugly car. There are far better cars out there.

iceman
08-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Really?? I never read on here that you didn't like the G6.

:violin :violin :violin :violin :violin

Vintalage
08-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Really?? I never read on here that you didn't like the G6.

:violin :violin :violin :violin :violin

Give it a break. Notice my choice of words. :rolleyes:

I'll say this, the interior design is pretty good. But the materials continue to appear cheap.

Blackrider
08-17-2004, 08:44 AM
I'll say this, the interior design is pretty good. But the materials continue to appear cheap.
Its GM,

I Honestly dont mind them, The Inerior is looking great

dsk727
08-17-2004, 01:07 PM
Nice pics Ryan and Jeremy, thanks for sharing.. looks like you guys had fun with them!!!

denise :)

Kdawg207
08-17-2004, 01:23 PM
no engine pix???or were you not allowed to take any

Rich
08-17-2004, 01:28 PM
the interior does look pretty cool and the exterior isnt horrible. but yeah why did they put in the wood trim. i never understood that. if there going to use it they should put more of it in there instead of putting it in like random spots. but anyway, looks nice.

Ryan
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
no engine pix???or were you not allowed to take any

Sorry for not posting this link:

http://www.grandamgt.com/photos/

Jeremy's pics are on there too.

Vintalage
08-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Well that's good to see, a "door ajar" message. That's what I hate about the Grand am. It gives you no type of indication that a door is open. The door could be closed slightly but not completely and the light would go out. Terrible. Many times i've driven down the road and hear a slight hint of wind noise coming from behind me. Come to find out that the door wasn't closed properly. Now GM decides to do it right. :rolleyes:

iceman
08-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Lol... if you can't tell the a door is open without needing a dummy light, ;psycho

Vintalage
08-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Sometimes you forget that it hasn't closed properly. Especially if it's one of the rear doors or the front passenger door.

IMICEMAN
08-17-2004, 08:09 PM
No Sir.......I don't like it ! Those cars are not for me at all.

But the pic with the blonde in the jeans is nice ;)

Jeremy
08-17-2004, 08:35 PM
But the pic with the blonde in the jeans is nice ;)

uh.. that's Guru2's wife..

SilverStreak01
08-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Those look nice, but like others have already said wood trim in a Pontiac??? OH and GM must have been getting the public use to the non-painted side mirrors when the 02.5 GA came out those make the car look a little unfinished. :iconfused

MetaGTP1
08-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks,Gurus. The pictures were enlightening. The G6 has a nice interior, but the exterior styling does not excite me. I did see the car at the AutoShow In Motion and it could be easily overlooked. The bland styling and the Neon-like rear was not a good move. These are my initial reactions regarding this vehicle. I think a test drive may be necessary. As it stands now, I like my GA a whole lot better. :)

Sleepwalkr
08-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Apparently its just me cuz I haven't seen anyone else bring this up, but, a lot of people are saying the rear looks like a Neon. I'm thinking more Taurus than Neon. Check out the tail lights, then next time you see a late-model Taurus, notice the similarities.

MetaGTP1
08-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Apparently its just me cuz I haven't seen anyone else bring this up, but, a lot of people are saying the rear looks like a Neon. I'm thinking more Taurus than Neon. Check out the tail lights, then next time you see a late-model Taurus, notice the similarities.You have a point there. :)

jake3217
08-17-2004, 09:56 PM
As long as we're comparing tail lights, they also look a lot like S-Class and CLK-Class tail lights. The S-Class back end strongly resembles that of a G6, too. Heck, a lot of cars are sharing similar lines these days, but don't get me started on that subject ;)

zootelevision
08-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Thank you for taking the time to take and post the photos! You guys took some nice snapshots, and it is most appreciated! Unfortunately I still remain unimpressed with the exterior styling.

Are you guys able to comment on the quality of the car? My guess is that's it is not much better than current GA's, but I'm sure I could easily be wrong. But for that reason alone, my current GA will be my first and last GM vehicle.

wade walter
08-18-2004, 06:23 AM
yup..don't need no over-priced gto...i'm digging this shiznit...nice tint, inch and a half drop, i'll be set...

UNCTYPE-S
08-18-2004, 08:05 AM
:vomit: :thumbsdow

Jeremy
08-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Right now we can't really make specific comments about the cars.

As for all the "it's a neon" comments. Think about how many different models of cars are out on the market and how difficult it is to come up with a "new" design that will work with the lines of the car, appeal to the masses (not just us picky enthusiasts), and not cost a fortune to produce. Yeah, they're "neon-ish" looking, but anyone else notice that that tail lights on the new Hemi Durango are JUST like the Jeep Liberty? Let's jump down DC's thoat for making similar tail lights.

If you guys can do a better job, go apply for a job at GM and prove it.

Vintalage
08-18-2004, 08:49 AM
But the Durango and Liberty are from the same company, Chrysler.

GM wouldn't listen to me anyway if I applied and got the job. I've already been told what really goes on within.

CelticSkyhawk
08-18-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, it was pretty informative to see what's coming down the pipe. Looking at the exterior, I was yawning. That's about as bland as you can get, and I'm not just thinking from an enthusiast mindset (as I'm not really an enthusiast at this point). The interior was a mixed bag to me. The back seats and the seat material looks cheap, though the front seats look like they'll be more comfortable and will hang on to you. The dash and gauge cluster are a massive improvement over the GA, even gives it a more upscale appearance in the pictures. Having the metal in that area but wood grain in others seems off, though.

After my problems with my GA, I'm not looking at another Pontiac. Not everyone has my problems, so I would suggest the G6 as an option if friends ask me. It really looks like a middle-of-the-road domestic family car.

dhdz
08-18-2004, 09:26 AM
:thumbsdow I am going with a mazda 6 better!!

02andahalfgt
08-18-2004, 04:38 PM
yup..don't need no over-priced gto...i'm digging this shiznit...nice tint, inch and a half drop, i'll be set...

I heard that because of the different suspension being used it won't be easy to lower the G6. Could be wrong though.

Ryan
08-18-2004, 05:12 PM
I heard that because of the different suspension being used it won't be easy to lower the G6. Could be wrong though.

If you look at the pictures you'll already notice that it's pretty low to begin with.

Rich
08-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Apparently its just me cuz I haven't seen anyone else bring this up, but, a lot of people are saying the rear looks like a Neon. I'm thinking more Taurus than Neon. Check out the tail lights, then next time you see a late-model Taurus, notice the similarities.

yeah i said the same thing when i first saw the g6 pictures on a differnt thread so i know what you mean.

Y2KGA
08-18-2004, 07:26 PM
is it me or does the back of the G6 resemble the back of a dodge neon?

Also that fake wood trim is really out of place. That must be the first pontiac in 20 years to have wood interior.

I'll be waiting for the coupe.

02andahalfgt
08-18-2004, 08:18 PM

It's not just you, it's been mentioned by just about everybody here.

XMBlackGT1
08-18-2004, 08:35 PM

Also that fake wood trim is really out of place. That must be the first pontiac in 20 years to have wood interior.

I'll be waiting for the coupe.

I agree with ya. I want to see the coupe before I make my final decision. I dont like the looks of the interior- especially the shifter- doesnt look sporty at all- looks like something out of one of our Kia or Hyundai rental cars at work. I have a bunch of the 04 malibu's at work, the sedans obviously, and dont find them too comfortable, but like I said, i'll give the coupe a chance. Hopefully its awesome.

Sleepwalkr
08-19-2004, 12:49 PM

Welcome to every conversation we've had on this site about the G6's design. :doh:

Y2KGA
08-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Welcome to every conversation we've had on this site about the G6's design. :doh:

sorry, i just read the first page of the thread last night, I should have looked at the second page before posting

still the fact that it looks like a neon is a big turnoff. I wouldnt want anyone mistaking my car for a neon.

jaketuff
08-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Looking like that the car will need some major perfomance for the dollar to get me into it.... Are the wheels chrometech? Also, do they stick out beyond the tire, looks to be a real curb slamming wheel in the pics.... .02

OUT

coupe
08-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Goddamn shame. GM phucked over a real good lookin car. The performance interests me but there is no real news on that yet.

GTluver
08-23-2004, 11:39 AM
like it has been said.....no more grand am for me after seen the pix......the car is to ugly and if i were to get one, slap an 'accord' badge and blend in w/ the imports :)

next car would prolly be a camaro.....or other nice v8 coupe

CyberianHusky
08-25-2004, 05:54 PM
One thing I noticed that is odd to me is how the air box and MAF is on the opposite side of the engine intake. That will make having a custom CAI that goes into the wheel well very difficult and inefficient. However, it does put more room in front of the engine to place a CAI just behind the radiator. And the engine cover is a rediculous addition. Why bother? Anyone see the awkward location of the spark plugs? And they're all grouped. Overall the comparment seems a lot cleaner, not as many cables running across.

mr_eh
08-25-2004, 06:41 PM
man looking at those pictures, i could see rocking one, they have some sexy profiles, and the ass aint so bad moot the single exhaust :bleh

RobGrandAm
08-29-2004, 05:29 PM
i too am very disapointed in the style...very accord / altima looking...to bad the grand am was a great stand out...what made the GA for me was that it stood out...well there is always used cars

EPMetallidave
08-30-2004, 02:47 AM
Yep... i must say, i would NEVER give up my GT over a G6... very yucky yucky Altima/Neon hybrid car... grossssssssss...

Dr_Kyle
08-30-2004, 10:35 AM
All around, I like it. The profile is nice, the back end looks good, the interior is much more refined than most GM offerings in the past.

The woodgrain is weak sauce though and the headlight housings should be black chrome instead of the clear & chrome. Switch to CF or brushed aluminum instead of woodgrain or hell, even just silver plastic for those pieces and it would be very nice inside. Swap out the headlights and it would look extremely nice.

In it's current form, I'd give it 6.5 out of 10. Fix the minor tweaks I mentioned and it would be an 8. Supercharge it and I'll give it a 9.5.

Pitter98
09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Just want to say thanx to the Guru's for posting the pics, they were very helpful/informative. Unfortunately I have to agree with the majority on this one.....they took the well styled Grand Am and chopped it up to make it look like every other import out there right now.

The first that came to mind seeing the front end was definitely the altima/camry comparison and the Neon back end is just bad. Not real sure what they were thinking when they put the wood grain in the interior.....somehow "Fuel for the Soul" and woodgrain don't seem to mix. :vomit:

And maybe this is just me, but why does every car company think that if they slap a big ol' plastic cover over the engine that it automatically makes it look cooler??? :thumbsdow

Am definitely glad that I picked up a GAGT when I did, because unfortunately they are getting rid of a good looking car for something that looks like every other car out there. Oh well, I'll be keepin my GA for a while, so don't have to worry about it too much.

Pitter98

GTguy
09-15-2004, 02:23 AM
Appearance - this car is not slick; It definately needs a new front and rear end kit, which is a major makeover in appearance. Also, the idea of having backup lights inside the rear brake lenses is very nice on most new cars ive seen it on, but the G6 is definately an exception. The shape of the dash looks like a toyota echo - really inattractive "oval" shape. I really salivatate over the stealth, prelude, mitsibishi 3000, supra type dashes that are flush, not as long as the camaros where u have to lean and sometimes twist to reach for your parking pass, and cool looking.

Performance looks good as its a 3500 V6 im sure it goes good. Also its a good idea to cover up any transverse V6 engine these days.

Comfort lacks an armrest especially for reaching the distant cd player and heater control unit.

looks like gm tried to put a little bit of everything in this car to match many car models in one ,lower and upper class, from the class it is in, and bombed. Nothings original, new, or attractive to me except for the engine, the fact that its brand new, volume controls on the steering wheel, the sunroof and the patented wide stance :).

regal
09-25-2004, 01:51 PM
I saw my first G6 last night at the Northern GA state fair. I was excited seeing it from a distance but I definitely cooled down when I got up close. It's very comparable to the altima and the accord. They're all a bit bland. I saw it only in the silver metallic, but I'm sure it'd look a lot better in granite or some other distinct color.

The front wouldn't do too bad with a make-over. The back is nice. It's not as long as I thought it would be. The overall wrapping was pleasing. Nice curves. Not woohooo, but it'll bring satisfaction.

The interior is very spacious. Looking back from the driver's seat, I was a bit envious because it acutally looks like there's more room in the back. The materials weren't bad at all. It's no Mazda6, but it does look better than average.

I'm planning to get one within the next 60 days. I have a friend that works for GM, so I'll be getting about 7 grand off with the GM friend's and family program. It puts a loaded one a little less than 18K for me before rebates. If I have to wait 90 days for the rebates, I will. The deal is good for any GM car and I don't want to spend more than 19K. Unless someone can suggest a better GM car for me in my range, I'll be getting the G6.

Landon
03-02-2005, 06:19 PM
ahhh..... not for me. ill stick wit ga if this was my other option

Vintalage
03-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Where have you been for the last... oh, say 6 MONTHS?!?!?

blake
03-09-2005, 01:47 PM
he's prolly just tryin to get his post count up

horny4u
03-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Nice pics Ryan and Jeremy, thanks for sharing.. looks like you guys had fun with them!!!

denise :)

Dude! Where have you been all my life :irate:

Kdawg207
03-18-2005, 01:42 PM
:knob:

dsk727
03-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Dude! Where have you been all my life :irate:
you are a freak!!!!!