Knocking in Passenger front [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Knocking in Passenger front

VaGT
08-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I have knocking noise somewhere in the suspension / breaking of the passenger front. I hear it when I am driving slowly, and it seems to happen more when I am turning, braking or turning while speeding up right after braking.

I do have the wonderful GM brake creak, so I wonder if it is related. My brother in law is a gm tech, and he is the one who did my brakes (Powerslots and PF pads)about 20K miles ago. He lubed them up good then, but they probably need more. I am holding off until I go to Pa the first week of sept so we can do it in his garage.

Is the knocking a normal GM noise, or something serious? Can it wait 2-3 weeks more until I make a trip to Pa where my brother in law can look at it... and if he can fix it in his garage, great.... but even if he can't, I can take it to the GM Dealer up there and save about $30 an hour in labor.

...the problems with my car seem to be never ending.

Sir Cujo
08-21-2004, 09:36 AM
strut mount bearing? Sure sounds like it.

VaGT
08-27-2004, 08:32 AM
WHat am I looking at in terms of hours and part price for something like that? Also, is it something I can let go for a month or so?

99StudlyGT
08-27-2004, 09:25 AM
My car makes clunking noises from the front and the back. I'm pretty sure the GA is just very far from being a "solid" car. I had my tie rods fixed, and all kinds of other stuff. GA's are loud, but get it checked out just in case.

Braves299
08-29-2004, 06:31 PM
struts

VaGT
08-30-2004, 08:33 AM
I am shopping around for a second used/new car or truck if I can find one in my price range. I need something for my 30 mile commute (wife will be using the GA for her 5 mile trip to work)... anyway, I see an aweful lot of GA's on used car lots.