Gauges Instructions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gauges Instructions

RwkAngel
08-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Does anyone have instructions for me to actually hook up the boost and pyrometer gauges? I don't have anyone helping me with my car.

AaronGAGT
08-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Whats a pyrometer for? the amount of fire in the car? :homo: I honestly dont know..

But What kinda stuff ya got under the hood?

SC/TGrandAm
08-22-2004, 01:51 AM
I hope you have a SC or turbo to go with that boost gauge.

Pyrometer? Is this a joke? Do you know what a pyrometer gauge does? ---- It measures exhaust gas temperature by means of a sensor or probe placed in the exhaust stream. AFAIK they are mostly used on diesel trucks. Why you would want one,need one or buy one I wont understand..

Maybe you should check the wheel diodes and flux capicitor while your at it. :homo:

RwkAngel
08-24-2004, 07:41 AM
that's why i'm asking about gauges..i don't know much...sorry i'm not an expert. i had my ex-boyfriend do everything but now we broke up and i don't have anyone explaining these kind of things. he had a boost gauge and one other gauge which i didn't remember the name was and i thought it was the pyrometer. sorry, isn't that why these kinds of forums are posted on the internet for...to ask questions....:rage:

iceman
08-24-2004, 07:45 AM
You won't need either of those gauges unless you have a turbo or supercharger.. so if you have them laying around, sell them.