Front End Noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front End Noise

PLUM_72
08-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I have a low pitched scaping noise most noticible on low speed left hand turns. You can also hear it very slightly at low speeds going straight. It happens both during braking and without breaking. The car is a 01 GT with 36800 mile just out of the warranty. What do you think is causing this and whats the damage going to be being that im 800 miles out of the warranty...I think it might be a wheel bearing but which one? the noise is somewhat hard to tell if its coming from the left or right side.
Thanks

HotLikeFire
08-23-2004, 09:44 PM
could be rs-a stock tires. mine does the same thing. it will get noticible worse over time too, as your tires wear. Its not damaging anything I don't think, just annoying. Apparently those tires don't fit on the rims right and cause a whole handful of noises of all types. is it rhythmic at all when you turn? Mine started with the scraping. Then came the rhythmic noises... brought it into the shop and they told me it was all due to my tires. Do a search on here about stock GaGT tires... (Goodyear RS-A's) and see if you can learn anymore.

AznGA
08-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Yeap, get rid of POS RSA tires. I got a new set of Falken tires last week and noise is gone.

HotLikeFire
08-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Yeap, get rid of POS RSA tires. I got a new set of Falken tires last week and noise is gone.

Say azn.. how bad did the noise get before you changed tires?

AznGA
08-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Scraping noise at turns and slow speeds all the time.