transmission between 3rd and 4th [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : transmission between 3rd and 4th

Braves299
08-26-2004, 11:19 PM
on my way back to school, goin over mountains, i started havin problems with my tranny. I have my cruise control set at 72 and when it goes up a mountain and starts to lose speed, its suppose to switch to a lower gear right? well, a couple times when it was switching, it gets confused and its like i just hit the rev limitor... the RPM's jump all over the place and it cant find the right gear. is this my tranny? cruise control? censor? also, i just had my SLP installed... will this have some kind of affect on it?

MetaGTP1
08-27-2004, 04:57 AM
on my way back to school, goin over mountains, i started havin problems with my tranny. I have my cruise control set at 72 and when it goes up a mountain and starts to lose speed, its suppose to switch to a lower gear right? well, a couple times when it was switching, it gets confused and its like i just hit the rev limitor... the RPM's jump all over the place and it cant find the right gear. is this my tranny? cruise control? censor? also, i just had my SLP installed... will this have some kind of affect on it?Read the 'Owner's Manual'. You should use the lower gears(1,2), when climbing steep grades, mountainous areas,etc. :)