I need help!! MY brake lights are messing up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I need help!! MY brake lights are messing up

97PGAMGT
08-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Check it out guys uhh, has this happened to anyone, like when i press down ont he brakes, the light goes on but when i let them go the light stays on. I have to like pull the brake up a bit higher with my foot to turn the lights off. I went to a mechanic and he said its the brake sensor. BUt i dunno, can anyone help me??.

Justin.

P.S. Also how do i turn off the automatic lights. like when i start my car some lights int eh front come on, but there not the birghts.

Dan00GPGT
08-27-2004, 06:27 AM
Your brake switch is fubar or needs adjusted. It is attached to the brake pedal assembly.

97PGAMGT
08-27-2004, 06:37 AM
can i change the part myself, or should i get someone to do it for me?.. ALso where is that part located exactly on the brake pedal assembly?

Dan00GPGT
08-27-2004, 07:01 AM
If you remove the insulator pad that covers your brake pedal and gas pedal under the dash you should see the switch attached to the brake pedal assembly on the right hand side. To remove the switch you turn it counter clockwise. There should be an orange and a light blue wire going into the switch. To put the switch back in you line it up and then turn it 90 degrees clockwise. It should lock into place. Reattach the connector.

97PGAMGT
08-27-2004, 11:12 AM
thanx alot bro i jsut fixed, it man it was a bit of paint o get uner there but im happy its done.