Symptoms of Fuel Pump Going?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of Fuel Pump Going??

Rba007
08-28-2004, 06:00 AM
Could anyone give me a list of what a fuel pump would do as it died?

Here's what im having:
-After every fueling, my car hesitates badly for a bit. Now barely even runs I. When I slow down, and go to start again, it nearly dies.

-It has completely died after going down my driveway (big Hill), but then started up fine and ran no problem.

-Fuel mileage seems to have gone to crap lately

-No buzzing when I turn the car to the on position like there usually would be.

Any thoughts?

Blackrider
08-28-2004, 06:46 AM
Yeah Stalling Hesitation ect. Would be a good indication of a bad fuel pump. When is the last t ime you change the fuel filter?

Rba007
08-28-2004, 07:16 AM
This spring. So, prolly 10,000 ago or so. I change it every fall and spring, since fall is when i really start to load on the miles with a 60 mile each way drive to and from school.

Any idea of the cost of a fuel pump, or the difficulty of installing one?

Blackrider
08-28-2004, 07:30 AM
This spring. So, prolly 10,000 ago or so. I change it every fall and spring, since fall is when i really start to load on the miles with a 60 mile each way drive to and from school.

Any idea of the cost of a fuel pump, or the difficulty of installing one?
Umm not to sure on the cost and the install isnt to bad you need to drop the tank but its not to bad.

'93BlackGT
08-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Cost aint that bad...I just got one for my 1993 cost me about 140 from Maslack Supply. I find Napa to be VERY expensive in these type of parts. Dropping your tank should take 1/2 an hour at most if you sorta know what your doing. Drain it first, a lot easier on the arms. I didnt have that option when I changed my tank and pump. Not sure if the '99's are held on with the same strap/bolt configuration as mine.

Rba007
08-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Hmmm, alrighty Guys , thanks for the info. Ill put a post up looking for the part number to see how much it costs from GM. Anyone have any other thoughts?