Fuel Tank Pressure [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank Pressure

99REDGAGT
08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
I've noticed that every time I take the fuel cap off there is no sound of the pressure releasing. I've had the car since Feb. of this year. Yes I did search the forums for this problem but came up with no results related to my problem. Any one know of this or is it a problem at all? I know that the fuel pump works couse I hear it every time i start the car. I've had no service lights of any kind.

Does the 3.3kOhm resistor trick work in the IAT plug as listed in the mods section?

Thanks.

juanvan
09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
My tank does not release ne pressure. Even after driving 300+ miles from the NE PA boarder to the middle of OH there is no sounds. There was a problem with the gas cap gaskets not seating right.
On the Honda i have; could drive 2 miles, pop the gas cap and it take 2-3 mins for the vacuum to stop sucking.

That resister is crap, good for the 1/4 since you will be dumping gas like its water. But other then that, it will just damage the intake.

g/l

rizer
09-03-2004, 12:42 AM
Same here, i never get the pressure either.
Though it never fails to throw a check engine light when i fuel the car while running

juanvan
09-03-2004, 08:58 AM
LOL I don't think I would fill up the car while running, unless I was in a hurry.

rizer
09-03-2004, 11:05 AM
LOL I don't think I would fill up the car while running, unless I was in a hurry.

I never do either. I just forget when i go to full service. Im use to turning the key off as i hop outta car to fuel. With full service i just pull up and say how much, never think bout turning car off.