Is my hood messed up? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Is my hood messed up?

BadGT471
08-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Here's the deal guys.. I accidentally popped the hood on my 02 GAGT and the passenger side windshield wiper was still up. I didn't realize it until I started pushing the hood up and it wasn't really wanting to go up.. The wiper blade then fell down to the window and the hood went up. I looked at the back of the hood and don't really see any damage.. Maybe a little scratch that is horizontal on the very end of the hood on the back.. Will this rust? Also, what damage usually occurs when you open a hood with a wiper blade up? Also, how many people on here have a grand am and are still in school? If so, and you go away to college do you have any problems with vandalism? I leave tom and i'm worried about that.

Thanks,
Jeff

GALover
08-30-2004, 03:40 PM
I pooped my hood into my wiper too. As long as it's white your okay. It won't rust.
Still in school and no vandals yet.
Who's Tom? And why are you worried about that?

killerhound
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Like he ^ said, as long as it's not bare metal it won't rust. Just touch it up...not like anyones gonna see it anyways.

And I think he meant tom = tomorrow.

SC/TGrandAm
08-30-2004, 03:51 PM
yeah if your worried about it touch it up with some touch up paint.

Vandals? you usually invite your self to vandalism. Park in a good spot and dont **** anybody off that is immature enough to damage your car, watch over your car and you will be ok 90% of the time.

Jagey
09-01-2004, 12:42 PM
i go to university at a downtown campus. Every car gets vandalized that is slightly clean.

99GApunk
09-01-2004, 02:32 PM
yeah i go to school in boston, but it seems only ****ty cars get broken into, my girl comes to visit me and parks her BMW on the street all the time, no problems

coupe
09-01-2004, 03:19 PM
What would you rather break into?

A car that is clean and possibly has an alarm?
or
A dirty car that no one would put an alarm in?