Power Locks not working :( [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power Locks not working :(

RTZ
09-02-2004, 12:36 PM
I asked this in another thread, but it might have gotten lost because it was an "add on" to a totally different question. So here we go again:

I have a 92 grand am that has problems with the power locks. All the fuses look good (tested with multimeter - continuity check). The locks all automatically lock when the car is placed into gear, but I cannot use the rockers on the driver's OR passenger side door to unlock the locks. The only way that I can unlock them is manually. The rockers don't even act like they are getting power because they don't click when trying to lock or unlock by the rocker switches (but the locks themselves are getting power since it autolocks when I put the car into gear)

Any ideas on where to start looking for this problem?

TIA

tranceokido
09-02-2004, 01:22 PM
could be the switches themselves...are the lights coming on inside the switch when you turn the car lights on?

Tomas
09-03-2004, 05:05 PM
My gagt has the same problem, they will even unlock with the keyless entry but no luck with the switches, I do know though that when I did turn on the lights the other day that they did not light up. Also when the switches stopped working so did the power mirrors, my guess is that they complete some circuit together.