No AC! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No AC!

zx7ninja
09-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey guys, for some reason, my AC is not working. Fuses are fine.
When I turn the AC on, I do not hear the compressor. It makes absolutely no difference with the AC on or off, all I get is a fan.
It hasn't worked all year, and i'm just porting about it now. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my car sat for a few months before I put it back on the road again. Before I parked it, the AC was beautiful. Worked perfect. When I put it back on the road, the AC was dead.

What the heck could have happened in the time frame it was parked? Or is it something else?

juanvan
09-03-2004, 08:56 AM
perhaps there is a leak in the system, and got out while sitting.
Turn the car on and have someone play with the ac controls, see if the A/C pump kicks in. might have a bad HVAC (sp?)

G/L

zx7ninja
09-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Thanks, juanvan. I looked at it quickly earlier, and as far as I can tell, there's no change at all. Nothing kicks in at all. I will look at it again later in more detail.

I hope I don't have to replace anything expensive here.

NOTE: for those wondering, this is NOT the blower resisitor problem. All settings work perfectly. It's the AC itself.

LukeD
09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
could be your AC compressor itself, these are a bit pricy but if it is the compressor and you dont get it fixed, it could seize up and mess up your belt. My dad just had this problem with his 96 Camry. It would blow air but no AC then when driving it (even tho it had no AC) after a while the compressor seized and the belt came halfway off.

zx7ninja
09-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Crap.
That sucks. I really hope that that's not the problem, then.

2000GA
09-03-2004, 12:13 PM
you have two options kind of. you can bring it in to a shop and have them recharge it and do a leak test or you can go to walmart and buy a r-134a recharge kit. iceman posted the location of the low side valve earlier.

main things that could be leaking is compressor, condensor, and evaporator.

2000GA
09-03-2004, 12:13 PM
you have two options kind of. you can bring it in to a shop and have them recharge it and do a leak test or you can go to walmart and buy a r-134a recharge kit. iceman posted the location of the low side valve earlier.

main things that could be leaking is compressor, condensor, and evaporator.