Passenger Side Mirror Snapped... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Side Mirror Snapped...

GatorMan
09-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Well, the other day, I tripped back and fell against my side mirror. I broke two of the three posts. There are some mirrors on ebay, but I was wondering how you would connect it back to the car. Are the posts on the mirror or connected to the car.
Thanks
Alex

AznGA
09-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Mirrors have posts on them. You have to insert the whole thing into the door and use nuts to tighten them.

coupe
09-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Im confused. There are 2 posts not 3.

Mike Jung
09-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Im confused. There are 2 posts not 3.
(I think) They are talking about the 3-screws that hold the mirror onto the car.

iceman
09-06-2004, 07:09 PM
I've done the same thing.. if you still have all of the plastic, take off your tweeter sail and unbolt the 3 nuts taht hold the mirror together. you can put it back together with an expoy called PC7

coupe
09-07-2004, 12:38 PM
(I think) They are talking about the 3-screws that hold the mirror onto the car.

That would make sense.

action
09-08-2004, 04:51 AM
Well I came out one day to find my passenger side mirror hanging from the car, some little punk I guess had a fight with it.

Anyway, the 3 posts for the posts that hold the mirror on the car cracked off, and since I never had the $$$ to go buy a new mirror and have it painted, I did the ghetto repair.

First I duct taped the mirror in place, then I got a long 1/8 drill bit and drilled 3 holes straight out through the mirror from the inside where the factory nuts go. Then I got 3 - 1.5" screws and 3 washers and screwed themirror back on. Its ghetto and you could see the screws on the outside, but after I trimmed them for length with a dremmel and used a little touch up paint on the ends, you can barely see the repair.

jer_stud56
09-08-2004, 06:16 AM
my mirror is half broken I'm sure from the last owner running into the garage door at some point while they owned it. I found it for like 25 on a website out there but I don't know cause I've never heard of the site lol. I can get it for anyone I'm sure they have 99+ too in there.