major downpour friends car started smoking [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : major downpour friends car started smoking

Carmaniac
09-08-2004, 01:22 PM
my friend and i were coming back from class and he has a civic with a cai and i was following him in my gagt and i also have a cai. it was flooding pretty bad and my friends car starting smoking out of the exhaust and he said he was loosing power so he pulled over for a few then started again it was still smoking but he wasnt loosing power. we made it back to our room ok. the ques i have is my car going to be messed up now if it sucked some water up? will my friends car be ok? i guessing the water just evaporates and everything will be A ok

coupe
09-08-2004, 01:41 PM
It should be fine. What kind of filter you use? As long as your WHOLE front end wasnt sumberged then you have no worries.

Carmaniac
09-08-2004, 02:18 PM
i have a K&n filter. what about my friend? lol

Ant
09-08-2004, 02:29 PM
he was probably drenching his filter. if it's unoiled, or paper, he might have a big problem...

Guga2495
09-08-2004, 07:22 PM
yea people just dont get that bad boy submerged my friend drives a civic what year is ur friends my friend had the same problem on his 00 civic with AEM CAI, it worked aftera few days again jsut fine

atc3434
09-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Your smoking because the filters getting wet, and your getting lots of mositure into the engine. Happens to me every time I was the engine, the exhuast is a tad moist for a few minutes. IF your not actually sucking water into the engine, you should be fine.