Misfire in Cylinder 1 and Oxygen sensor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Misfire in Cylinder 1 and Oxygen sensor

RedGT2004
09-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Today when I started up the car I notice that it sounded a little different than usual. I back out of the drive way and as im driving the check engine light comes on so I decide to take to autozone. Than two minutes later the check engine light starts blinking and I immediatly stop and open the hood to see if anything was wrong. I wasnt that far from autozone so i kept driving. To make a long story short I got the following codes P0137 and P0301. P0137 = Oxygen Sensor Circuit, Low Voltage (Downstream sensor). P0301 = misfire in cylinder 1. Now question is are these two things related in anyway? Also I change the spark plug wires and it still misfire.

mcgrady
09-08-2004, 07:32 PM
They don't seem to be related because the o2 sensor would more likely be throwing a code that indicates a rich condition caused by the cylinder misfire as opposed to low voltage. But it's possible that unburned fuel caused by the misfire collecting in the cat may have ruined the rear O2. Did you change the spark plug in cylinder #1 or just the wires? If not, I'd try a fresh plug (preferably a set) in there and see where that leaves you.

RedGT2004
09-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Well I had the P0137 come up several months ago. Then it just went away by itself and never came back up until now. The only thing I did was change all the spark plug wires and let me tell you those things are b1tch to take out especially the rear three. I also the check the spark plug in cylinder 1 and 2 and compare them and they both seem fine.