Rotors and pads [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rotors and pads

Guga2495
09-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Hey Guys not sure if this is technical well i need new rotors and pads...My brakes basically are **** warped rotors..the works lol ive heard everything from fake brembos to ebay rotors to powerslots what is the best combo? I Was think a kevlar pad with powerslots anyone agree?

andrewe77
09-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Do you have an Oreilly Auto Parts near? I'm going for Wagner ceramic pads front and back w/ lifetime warranty and Wagner front rotors w/ lifetime warranty. I'm getting el cheapo rear rotors cause they're so much more expensive and the rears don't do much work anyways.

This plan will only set me back about $225 in all so that's a pretty good deal in my book.

brsexton
09-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Do you have an Oreilly Auto Parts near? I'm going for Wagner ceramic pads front and back w/ lifetime warranty and Wagner front rotors w/ lifetime warranty. I'm getting el cheapo rear rotors cause they're so much more expensive and the rears don't do much work anyways.

This plan will only set me back about $225 in all so that's a pretty good deal in my book.

Are you serious? Lifetime warranty on Rotors??? That sounds great. Its just I don't have an Oreilly store anywhere near.....

AznGA
09-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Your 03 already needs new pads and rotors? How many miles do you have? My 02 has 54k miles and I am still on my stock rotors. I got front pads replaced, and front rotors machined at Midas. Nothing has been done to rear brakes.

Guga2495
09-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Yea I've Got 18's adding a shtload of weight cause no i didnt get racing harts....yea like i tend to go about 100 MPH Everywhere and my brakes get the crap beaten outta them so i figured hey i will get some nice new ones new pads and take good care of them i jsut HATE Stock crap lol its jsut soo bad and unsafe Ive got about 27,000 miles on the 4 banger LOL

mfuller
09-09-2004, 08:13 PM
For stock replacements, I recommend Raybestos plain rotors and PowerStop 9-1-1 Extreme Performance pads (available at www.powerstopbrakes.com).

tenspeed
09-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Wagner and Raybestos are both at www.rockauto.com

brsexton
09-11-2004, 07:32 PM
Your 03 already needs new pads and rotors? How many miles do you have? My 02 has 54k miles and I am still on my stock rotors. I got front pads replaced, and front rotors machined at Midas. Nothing has been done to rear brakes.

I have 26k on my alero and its on its 2nd set of pads and rotors. It feels like they are starting to warp again. Just started slightly. I am looking into getting some GOOD replacement stuff that I hope will last.