steering alignment?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : steering alignment??

cals400ex
09-08-2004, 11:24 PM
hello, my 00 GT pulls right when driving down the road. it isn't like a really really hard pull, but it isn't how it should be. i have a front end alignment done and that did next to nothing. i took it back to the shop and they said they would remove the tires from the wheels and rotate them around (i have directional tires). they mentioned tires can make it pull sometimes. well, that didn't help much either. i know this shop has new equipment since the shop is new. the mechanics seem good. they mentioned the front end was right on according to their machines. i believe that but what else could cause this or what can i check? what is the chance i need a 4 wheel alignment instead of just a front end alignment? also, the tire pressures are the same so i can eliminate that. any suggestions would be great. thanks cal

atc3434
09-09-2004, 11:32 AM
If you need a 4 wheel alignment, its because you bent something in the back, which you'd probably remember. ;) Chances are if it is in fact the tires, I know mine like to pull the car to the left a tad, and I watched them do the alignment inside the garage, and visually saw that the tires were all lined properly. Those lazer alignment machines are cool. Money's on the tires. Let them wear for a while and they might chill out some.

cals400ex
09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
well, i never wrecked the car but i have been rear-ended twice. also, the tires have been on the car for 15 K. i know the pulling isn't getting any better and maybe worse. i will see if i can get any more suggestions.