new guy of the day [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : new guy of the day

04GT4me
09-09-2004, 04:06 PM
hi everyone

my name is will, but everyone calls me willy. I live in NYC. I just found this site today as i was doing a search on grandams. I just picked up my still new from the factory 04 gt1. its pretty sweet. I guess i have a lot of reading to do to catch up on the modifications you guys have done to these cars. Im not overly familiar w/ gm cars as i used to have a 2nd gen eclipse gst that i had the motor all done up in. Nothing really body wise, it was a sleeper. but the wife didnt want the "fast n furious" car anymore so i sold it and bought what she wanted. I guess u could say im whooped cause i got what she wanted, although im the one who drives it...lol.

so i guess thats my great intro...i hope to learn alot from you guys

GAGTSCTGuy
09-09-2004, 04:10 PM
*welcome*

ViperGTSR
09-09-2004, 05:06 PM
welcome!!
and search, its probably been discussed
enjoy gagt.com!

UNCTYPE-S
09-09-2004, 05:24 PM
welcome to the site.

what do u want to do to the car to not make it "fast n furious"

04GT4me
09-09-2004, 11:05 PM
thanks for the welcome guys

i definitely need more power, period. i have the 3400 v6 with "ram air" but as i was looking at it today, i dont know how "ram" it is since it still has all the huge chambers to go thru. Im going to home depot on monday to make a cai, and start there. I need a set of headers, but i dont know who makes what (i will be using the search tomorrow....lol) and a buddy of mine works for flowmaster so he's gonna hook me up w/ a camaro ss replacement muffler and just fab up the connections to make it fit. other than that... its not getting any body work except lighter wheels and some serious tires. I like to DRIVE my car...not just get in and have it transport me from one spot to another. I think ill run the headers to a high flow w/ 2" piping all the way back to the camaro muffler and out...anything more than 2" and i might as well run some forced induction which wont happen cause the wife would kill me..

for those wondering.. its black, but i got the stupid looking chrometech (sp? or whatever they are called) wheels instead of the 5 star patterned ones, but those are coming off soon enough. any other mods to list to increase performance?

mr_eh
09-09-2004, 11:15 PM
where do you live in nyc? theres a few of us around

Kdawg207
09-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Whats up buddy...*welcome*...look for me in and around Manhattan

04GT4me
09-10-2004, 07:35 PM
im in manhattan for now... we (the wife and i) are actually moving in a couple of weeks to rome, ny. I work like crazy hours (80-90) so i really dont have much time to do anything besides sleep. But i do have a lot of friends here so ill will be coming back thru alot so maybe sometime in the spring/summer of 05 we could do something

'01GT
09-10-2004, 07:54 PM
*welcome*

MetaGTP1
09-10-2004, 08:04 PM
thanks for the welcome guys

i definitely need more power, period. i have the 3400 v6 with "ram air" but as i was looking at it today, i dont know how "ram" it is since it still has all the huge chambers to go thru. Im going to home depot on monday to make a cai, and start there. I need a set of headers, but i dont know who makes what (i will be using the search tomorrow....lol) and a buddy of mine works for flowmaster so he's gonna hook me up w/ a camaro ss replacement muffler and just fab up the connections to make it fit. other than that... its not getting any body work except lighter wheels and some serious tires. I like to DRIVE my car...not just get in and have it transport me from one spot to another. I think ill run the headers to a high flow w/ 2" piping all the way back to the camaro muffler and out...anything more than 2" and i might as well run some forced induction which wont happen cause the wife would kill me..

for those wondering.. its black, but i got the stupid looking chrometech (sp? or whatever they are called) wheels instead of the 5 star patterned ones, but those are coming off soon enough. any other mods to list to increase performance?The piping in the GA GT is 2 1/4 ". You can keep it at 2 1/4" or go up to 2 1/2". :)