speaker hiss with car off [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : speaker hiss with car off

tagta3
09-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Hi I have an 01 Grand Am GT, I noticed I hear the right front speaker hiss with the car and stereo off (monsoon). Any ideas?

UNCTYPE-S
09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
is it a crackling sound, it could be a blown speaker or a bout to be blown speaker.

what part of chicago are u from

BiHStL
09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
i have the same thing, its lasts like 30 sec. after the car is shut off, you can hear a lil hiss, stop worrying about it, if its the same thing i have, it is not reall loud.

UNCTYPE-S
09-09-2004, 07:44 PM
why is it not something to worry about. did that happen at the dealer when u first bought the car? prob not, therefore i would say its a problem.

2003GaGt1
09-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I believe that the Monsoon amp stays on for 1 minutes after you leave your car so thats probably why you have the hiss for about 30 seconds, if it was all of the speakers id say it should be the ground but if its just one speaker id have to agree with UNCTYPE-S.

Blackgt1
09-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Mine does the same thing. I remember this question being around awhile ago on here somewhere, but with no resolution

KPimm
09-17-2004, 02:35 PM
I believe that the Monsoon amp stays on for 1 minutes after you leave your car so thats probably why you have the hiss for about 30 seconds, if it was all of the speakers id say it should be the ground but if its just one speaker id have to agree with UNCTYPE-S.
The monsoon amp stays on for a delay and also controls your chimes for: key in ignition, lights on, the chime when a dash light comes on, etc... I also think all of the chimes only come out of the driver side sail panel speaker. This is why you hear that light static sound.

SilverEcstasy
09-20-2004, 08:07 AM
Open your door after you pull the key out, and that will turn the radio off, its just power going to the speakers cause the radio is still on. Atleast, thats what happens to me.

Blackgt1
09-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Just noticed yesterday... car had been off for about 24 hours and i went to grab something, opened the drivers side door and i could hear the speaker hiss. Doesn't really bother me yet, maybe its opening the power up for the chimes even when the key is out? meh